jackhmeese

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
alright, this is my issue.

When trying to install new OS i get disk read error. bios reads both my HD's and dvd combo drives. i can get SUSE linux up and running, but i cant get OS to install. i get the error DISK READ ERROR PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER. ive tried booting from cd first and all, but nothing works. i cant seem to figure this one out guys. Ive tried buy a new HD and optical, but it does the same thing. i cant seem to think that it would be anything besides the motherboard and or possibly the PSU. but the PSU is a 650 BFG sli certified. im not too sure about this issue, but if someone has defeated this issue before lease someone let me know and reply back to this. i am lost and bewildered.

thanks in advance

jack :(

jackhmeese

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
i also for got that i updated the bios and cleared the CMOS as well, so if u guys have any other ideas, please let me know.

eric54

Distinguished
Aug 25, 2006
Have you tested the disc on another machine to verify that it is operational? You can use any OS disc to install the OS, its the cd key that needs to be unique.

Rogue77777

Distinguished
Feb 26, 2007
When trying to install new OS i get disk read error. bios reads both my HD's and dvd combo drives. i can get SUSE linux up and running, but i cant get OS to install. i get the error DISK READ ERROR PLEASE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

You're very vague on this statement.
Is this happening at the beginning or in the middle of the installation? If so, then you could have a corrupt file.
Ask one of your friends or your It department for the exact same copy of the OS you're trying to install.
I would also try your reading the disk in another computer.

jackhmeese

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2007
it wont install, xp, server, or vista. its not vague. i cant get to installation. nothing
disk read error yes, i set it to boot cd before hdd. the only linux is suse linux and its the iso version. it installs to the hdd but when trying to boot it from hdd i get error loading os. i cant do anything when booting from hdd, or cd. i tried running iso linux but i cant do that either. but for some reason the only version that will work is suse

Wgfalcon

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2006
download memtest iso and create a bootable cd to check your ram. if you have more than one stick you can try the install with one stick at time.