Question Please help. Monitor dropping signal from pc

Nov 26, 2019
As the title says, my monitors blacks out while using and it shows 'no signal'

Problems

The first time it happened, the monitors went black but it came back on soon after. I didn't think much of it. I goggle a bit and made sure i had all the drivers updated.

The 2nd time it happened, screen went black and it stayed black. I remember the sound was still playing when it happened. I had to restart a few times to get it working but i didn't do anything to try to remedy it. But something changed since the 2nd occurrence.
For that week, the com has powers up a few times before successfully going in to windows. Meaning the light and fans goes on/off a few times before the monitors show the usual start up screens. Once reaching windows, i had to manually connect to the wifi, whereas previously it connects automatically. So this went on for almost a week

3rd occurrence, it boot up normally, no on/off issue, wifi connects automatically, but monitor dropped signals again. Ever since then i could not use my com. When it happens i tried to restart com but the fan and light is on but the monitor doesn't show any signal at all. Long pressing power button also doesn't shut down the com. i had to flick the psu switch.

So for the next few days it sometimes manages to boot into window but the black screen would occur and it will not boot for the day anymore. I would try again the next day and the same thing would keep happening. I would have to manually connect to the wifi as well. These times, i notice that the light on the mouse/keyboard goes off at the same time as well. Long press power button can shut down com.

The issue happens randomly and i believe wasn't doing anything load intensive or anything during all the occurrence and so i don't think its a heat/temperature issue.

Troubleshooting that i'd done
Check monitors and monitor cables - I have 2 monitors connected and i had tried multiple cables. Monitors also have no issue with my PS4
Mixed with matched with displayport, hdmi and vga
PSU - because of the on/off issue i desperately tried to blame my psu and hope that the problem would go away. Got a RMA psu unit but it still happened.
Ram - Reseated both ram and tried them one at a time, signal still drop after reseating and with just ram #1. Doesn't even boot into windows with just ram #2.
Internal Cables - i re-cabled everything since i had to replace the psu and everything is properly connected
Mobo- Check mobo for blown fused or other signs of damages. None that i can see
GPU - Can't really check since i don't have a spare and my cpu don't support integrated
Drivers/Update - Already updated it to the latest version since the first occurrence
Others - Removed mobo battery for a few minutes but same results

I cant really run any test or install drivers and what not anymore since i cant see anything.
I am suspecting its the mobo since my mouse/KB/wifi went off at the same time. My wifi is attached to my mobo. (killer sli/ac)

If there is anything else i can do to rectify it please let me know. Financially speaking i hope i wouldn't have to replace my mobo as i might need to buy windows(OEM) again. And i don't want to go thru installing all my programs while losing my current programs and files. I have no back ups of the OS SSD.

Specs
R7 1700
Killer Sli/ac
GTX 1060 6GB
Ripjaw V 3200 8gb x 2
Seasonic focus + 650
Monitor 1 Acer XG 270HU - usually with display port but tested with hdmi and vga too
Monitor 2 Asus vp 247HA - only with hdmi

Side question: I am concern about all the abrupt shutdown i did for the past week. will it damage my other components and hdd/ssd?
Side side2: This forum would load normally but then after a few seconds the entire background and side would become ads, making it very difficult to view.

Edit - added in connection methods and psu spec
I am typing this on a backup laptop

Last edited: