Question Please help my cpu keeps overheating

May 27, 2023
So ive bought a pc off of ibuypower back in December of 2021. I don’t remember the specs off the top of my head but if im not mistaken my cpu is a ryzen 5700 i think. And i dont think ive faced this problem until this year. It heats up all the way to 90 degrees and will turn off due to it. Ive is taken my case off for more air circulation but it still tend to overheat. I decided to come on here today looking for help because when i turned on my pc today the temperature was already at 90 although it was off all night. I dont know what to do

What is your cpu cooler?
They may have used an aio type cooler that is prone to slow failure when air enters the system or the mechanical pump collects debris.
As a temporary measure, take the case side off and direct a small house fan at the innards.

May 27, 2023
What is your cpu cooler?
They may have used an aio type cooler that is prone to slow failure when air enters the system or the mechanical pump collects debris.
As a temporary measure, take the case side off and direct a small house fan at the innards.
Its a liquid cooler MSI MAG CORE LIQUID 360R 360MM ARGB

The msi coolers have had some issues resulting in a recall:
This may also be a design flaw.

You can fight it, or you can replace the cooler.
What is the make/model of your case?
With decent airflow a good air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 will cool similarly.

Reactions: John Chesterfield
May 27, 2023
I was able to get into BIOS and temp would go from 70 to 100 within 2 minutes. And for some reason it doesnt read my aio pump

May 27, 2023
The msi coolers have had some issues resulting in a recall:
This may also be a design flaw.

You can fight it, or you can replace the cooler.
What is the make/model of your case?
With decent airflow a good air cooler like the Noctua NH-D15 will cool similarly.
CaseiBUYPOWERSlate MONO MR Tempered Glass ARGB Gaming Case
Case FansDefault Case Fan
ProcessorAMD Ryzen 7 5800X Processor (8X 3.8GHz/32MB L3 Cache)
Processor CoolingMSI MAG CORE LIQUID 360R 360MM ARGB LIQUID COOLER
Memory32GB [16GB x2] DDR4-3200MHz G.SKILL Ripjaws V
Video CardNVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti - 8GB GDDR6X (VR-Ready)
MotherboardASUS PRIME B550-PLUS AC-HES - WiFi, ARGB Header (2), USB 3.2 Ports (1 Type-C, 3 Type-A), M.2 Slot (2)
Power Supply850 Watt - Thermaltake Toughpower Grand RGB - 80 PLUS Gold, Fully Modular