[SOLVED] Please help my pc wont turn on.

Gok66zz

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2015
I have been using my pc with no problems usually gaming,so last week i took out my graphics card and sold it, and my pc was sitting in my cupboard for 2 to 3 days unused now I connected back system is not turn on not fans spinning or anything,when i press power button nothing happens.
No burning smell or visible burns.i checked all loose connection and all immediate solution.my pc was working jus fine until I removed gfx card and unused pc for some days.
Specs
i5-3470
8 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz
H61 ecs mobo
550 w cooler master smps
K380 tower case
Gtx 750ti(sold)

Solution
You can try googling "the paper clip test" to test your psu. If that is working, you can find where your power button is connected to your mobo. There should be 2 pins, usually named something like pwr 1 and pwr2. Touch something like the end of a screwdriver to both of them at the same time and see if it turn on. Power button is usually not the issue, but an easy one to eliminate

tejayd

Prominent
Mar 11, 2018
You can try googling "the paper clip test" to test your psu. If that is working, you can find where your power button is connected to your mobo. There should be 2 pins, usually named something like pwr 1 and pwr2. Touch something like the end of a screwdriver to both of them at the same time and see if it turn on. Power button is usually not the issue, but an easy one to eliminate

Solution