[SOLVED] [ | ] Please help, new hardware chugging performance and FPS in-game [ | ]

Jan 21, 2020
*I made a mistake, the DP port for my monitor was plugged into my motherboard instead of my GPU. Thanks for the replies fellas.

Hi, apologies, I wasn't able to find the appropriate place to post this thread. I've created this account in the hopes one of you fellas could help me out.

I'm very new to PC building, I gave the build a shot and got everything down, but I was nervous to break anything so I paid this dude to make it for me, he has a good reputation and did it with the upmost professionalism and urgency. So after a day and I paid the dude. I took it home and plugged it in, I bought a new motherboard, 2 ram sticks and a new CPU. Once I booted up the PC I noticed things loaded a lot faster, and when in-game (menu screen) my mouse usually lagged across the screen, but now it doesn't. But once I loaded in the game, it felt like everything got worse, Rust is unplayable, Minecraft feels worse than my i3 and the performance is chugging very hard.

My specs:
  • i7-9100K, 3.6GHz, 8 cores.
  • GTX 1070 ti 8gb
  • 2 sticks of 8gb RAM 3600 mhz
  • PRIME Z-390 A motherboard
  • 750 watt powersupply
  • 500gb kingston SSD
I look forward to your helpful replies.
* I am willing to crack open the PC and have a look, I have looked at forum posts and help for this but I just can't find it.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yes , you need to backup and if your previous hardware had windows 10 and the LICENSE is not from a prebuilt PC and is tied to a Microsoft Account , it should activate with no issues.
Jan 21, 2020
You "paid a dude" to build you a PC. Which you promptly replaced the motherboard, CPU and RAM(basically the entire PC)? Is this correct?

Did you reinstall Windows after the parts change? Did you install ALL the proper drivers?
I did. CPU, RAM and mobo. The dude did not reinstall windows and neither have I. Will I have to backup my stuff? And will I have to buy a new windows key?

Jan 21, 2020
Yes , you need to backup and if your previous hardware had windows 10 and the LICENSE is not from a prebuilt PC and is tied to a Microsoft Account , it should activate with no issues.
It doesn't seem to have worked, just reinstalled and wiped my whole computer and it still feels sluggish. I have two display adapters now, a Intel(R) UHD Graphics 630 and my GTX 1070ti, are they any problems being enabled both at the same time?

New info:
- after I reinstalled windows and everything else, I redownloaded nvidia control panel, it came up with the message;
NVIDIA Display settings are not available.

You are not currently using a display attached to an NVIDIA GPU.

Last edited: