[PLEASE HELP] No Connection To Monitor After Connecting Graphics Card

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017
So about a week ago, I posted a thread of why i cannot connect my graphics card and that was because my PSU was too old, so now I bought a new one and have connected every cable correctly to my motherboard, and all of that, my graphics card is connected too with a 6 pin cable, but when I press the power button to turn my pc on, my monitor says nothing is connected. But my PC is working perfectly and nothing shows up on my screen.

Now I removed the graphics card and my monitor is connected, please help me resolve this!!!!

Solution
After you removed battery, you still don't get display from GPU, and you still get display from motherboard - that means your motherboard does not see that GPU is installed.
Possible causes /solutions:
> card not properly installed - re-seat the GPU
> motherboard slot not working - if your motherboard has more PCIe x16 slots, try moving GPU to another slot.
That brings another question - do you have any other working GPU to test if motherboard slot works (esp if it has only one slot)? Can you check your 1050 in another comp?

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I purchased the: msi geforce gtx 1050 (gpu)
I use a VGA cable to connect to the monitor

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I believe I need a "dvi to vga" cable? So I connect my monitor to the graphics card.

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

The normal cable that I use to connect to my monitor doesn't fit in the graphics card

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

My monitor only have HDMI & VGA

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

Yes I have tried that and still nothing happens, it just says: No connection detected. My monitor is: HP 24ea

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I just went and purchased a VGI to DVG converter and I was trying it out and it still doesn't work, I am so stressed out... And how do I reset CMOS?

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I have done that and have disabled my intel HD graphics from device manager, and now my screen is all zoomed, what do i do now?

MankinMNU

Prominent
Jun 2, 2017

I was also wondering if you have skype or something where we can reply to each other faster? Thank you

After you removed battery, you still don't get display from GPU, and you still get display from motherboard - that means your motherboard does not see that GPU is installed.
Possible causes /solutions:
> card not properly installed - re-seat the GPU
> motherboard slot not working - if your motherboard has more PCIe x16 slots, try moving GPU to another slot.
That brings another question - do you have any other working GPU to test if motherboard slot works (esp if it has only one slot)? Can you check your 1050 in another comp?

Solution

It looks like you had the HP PC, if you did. You need to read the article from nvidia support. http://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3156/~/when-installing-an-after-market-graphics-card-into-a-certified-windows-8-pc following the instruction, you should get the signal for the monitor.

And remember just use the HDMI cable, not the normal DVI to VGA adapter, like DRagor said, the normal one does not work, because it is the passive type, you need the more expensive active adapter. More info for the DVI. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

MERGED QUESTION
Question from MankinMNU : "My Monitor wont turn on because of my psu"

TRENDING THREADS