Please Help No One Has Been Able To Help Me Fix This And I Need Help Bad

MisterGoldfish

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
Okay so I few weeks ago I used to be able to play League of Legends flawlessly on my laptop at 60fps for entire games. Just now about a week or two ago my fps started randomly dropping around 5-15 minutes into the game. I consulted League of Legends support team. And went through a pretty long process that did not even end up fixing my issue. My graphics card is a NVIDIA quadro nvs 160m and I do understand this is not good for gaming. I have tried multiple graphics drivers it is not a problem with over heating and here is my whole discussion with riot games technical support. https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/requests/15884007 I have no idea how to fix it or what is wrong with it and it would be really appreciated if someone could help me solve this issue. The only thing that boosted my game was when the support person gave me a custom installer and that about doubled my fps in game but it still dropped down and it happened a lot sooner.

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

that was a little hard to understand, what are your hardware temps while your playing

gokitty199

Honorable
Feb 4, 2013

run windows task manager while playing LoL and see what the usage is of your cpu/ram and use msi afterburner or cpuid hardware monitor or something to see the usage your gpu

Kkkk1

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2006
Have you installed any other software in the last couple of weeks that start on start up? Ie new anti virus etc it could be scanning while you are playing if you haven't changed default settings. Task manager should be able to help you with this as described in the last post. If you temps are ok I'm guessing you're hitting your ram limit with only having 2gb. Again task manager will show this. Good luck.

Ahmed ElBullock

Reputable
May 7, 2014
try uninstalling any unnecessary programs from control panel, try removing any strange running program from task manager, run scan disk and defragment, update your quadro card driver .. could be a virus .. you could also install a new windows :D

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador

i agree 4gb would help but this does not address why it ran smooth for a time and then all of a sudden started playing so bad. no reason for the game to all of a sudden realize the low ram and just stop working :)

i also lean toward something new running on the system that is using the resources. something is now running in the background that is taking all the cpu and ram from the game. use the advice from above and explore what is using the ram and cpu to see what it could be. might be a virus/malware or just something you installed that need to be shut down.

MisterGoldfish

Reputable
Jan 8, 2015
I have been over all my programs and processes and cant find anything that would be using that much resources I really have basically nothing else installed on my computer besides leauge. I asked for help before and the person helping me told me to reinstall windows but that did not seem to solve the issue at all which seems a little wierd to me.

TRENDING THREADS