Please help! No Sound after latest Windows 10 update 1803?

RipGroove99

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
EDIT, never mind, it seems to be working again, no idea why.

[strike]My Creative SoundBlaster has just simply stopped working after installing Windows update 1803, I can't roll back because I (stupidly) deleted the 'windows.old' folder that is needed for a rollback...

I tried uninstalling my SoundBlaster drivers and it's 'SoundBlaster Connect 2' software, and reinstalling them but still no sound.

My SoundBlaster is selected as the default audio device but when I press 'test' in Windows Sound settings the little green bars move up and down but I hear nothing.

My headphones are fine as they work with other devices.

My onboard sound works OK when enabled in the BIOS.

I need my soundcard to work as my headphones are 250ohm which my onboard sound cannot power very well.[/strike]

28490379788_c331c8cf32_o.png

41461381955_a27c50096f_o.png

Solution
Is that your panel on the back of your mobo? So Realtek sound? Is it wired correctly? There are a lot of little "jumper" connectors on the inside of the case where those 3.5 mm jacks are and it might not be wired correctly, or it might be disabled via controls?

Or are you using a physical sound card via PCIE? The same could apply. Check your drivers, or maybe uninstall completely and redownload latest version and run setup again. It's a long shot, but it could be disabled for some reason in your BIOS from the update.

RipGroove99

Reputable
Mar 11, 2017
OK that's weird, if I plug my headphones in to the LEFT and RIGHT channel jack (usually for surround sound speakers) on the soundcard they work, but when plugged in to the actual HEADPHONE jack they do not work?? Obviously this is not right and I can't continue to use them like this. How could a Windows update have messed that up?

Lespaul678

Distinguished
May 12, 2013
Is that your panel on the back of your mobo? So Realtek sound? Is it wired correctly? There are a lot of little "jumper" connectors on the inside of the case where those 3.5 mm jacks are and it might not be wired correctly, or it might be disabled via controls?

Or are you using a physical sound card via PCIE? The same could apply. Check your drivers, or maybe uninstall completely and redownload latest version and run setup again. It's a long shot, but it could be disabled for some reason in your BIOS from the update.

Solution