[SOLVED] Please help. Pc not performing after cpu upgrade

Feb 5, 2021
So I recently upgraded from a Ryzen 5 2600 to the Ryzen 5 3600. When I first installed the cpu I was having trouble loading windows, I tired all the recovery options but was unsuccessful so I reinstalled windows. After this i used driver hub to install the missing pci device drivers. I am experiencing frequent frame drops from 144 to 60-70 and it is very noticeable almost Lori the game stutters. This is when I’m playing fortnite.
my specs:
Ryzen 5 3600
Rx 590 8gb
2x8gb 3200mhz ram
B450m ds3h motherboard
550 watt power supply
If anyone has any advice please let me know as I am losing my mind at it’s really stressing me out as I have just spent £200 on a cpu to get worse performance than before

Solution
is there a reason I had missing drivers in the first place? I never had to install drivers before. And neither did my mates.
Windows just has default drivers only. It is best to download the latest drivers from the relevant support site. For motherboard go to the motherboard support page. For gpu download directly from NVidia or AMD depending on gpu. Using default drivers can reduce performance, reduce features and in worst case may not be completely stable. Windows cannot have every driver for every piece of hardware you might buy, so you must install the relevant drivers.
Feb 5, 2021
I am not sure whether I have the latest bios, and I am not sure how to get them. I was not sure how to check cpu temp as it was not on task manager but I checked bios straight after to check and cpu temp was around 65 but could have been higher while actually playing. I would appreciate any advice as I am not very good with pcs

is there a reason I had missing drivers in the first place? I never had to install drivers before. And neither did my mates.
Windows just has default drivers only. It is best to download the latest drivers from the relevant support site. For motherboard go to the motherboard support page. For gpu download directly from NVidia or AMD depending on gpu. Using default drivers can reduce performance, reduce features and in worst case may not be completely stable. Windows cannot have every driver for every piece of hardware you might buy, so you must install the relevant drivers.

Solution
D

Deleted member 14196

Driver hub is your problem. If I were you I would format the drive and install windows clean and then go get the proper drivers yourself