[SOLVED] Please help- pc will never fully shut down, ive tried just about everything and its been over half a year of this

May 30, 2020
I built a custom gaming pc around 6 months ago, everything went smooth until I shut it down for the first time and noticed some (not all) of my rgb lights in my rig remained on, as well as some (again not all) of my fans still spinning. More related notes: -hibernate and sleep mode do the same thing -when flipping the ac power on the psu some fans automatically start spinning and those same rgb come on without me pushing any buttons at all. I then press the start button my case and the rest of the fans and lights come on -ac power switch off is the ONLY way to full shut down the system -whether I shutdown from windows or physically hold the power button on the case, it never shuts off. Whats more, physically holding the power button actually restarts it instead of shutting down.
Things I've tried:
  1. Re-installed OS 4 times since
  2. Disabled/enabled windows fast boot
  3. RMA'd 2 other mobos with the same problem, 1 gigabyte aorus z390 pro wifi, 1 gigabyte aorus z390 master, and am now having the issue on gigabyte aorus z490 master
  4. Messed with boot settings in bios, although being not tech savvy it was more of hail mary attempts
If I had to guess, I'd say its either something to do with my BIOS settings, or my fan controllers/rgb controllers of which i have many connected
If anyone could help me out with this problem I'd appreciate it very very much.
I9 10900k rtx 3080 z490 aorus master TT toughpower 850 gskill 16gb 4000 980 m.2 evo 1tb nvme XPG battlecruiser case windows 10

Solution
I built a custom gaming pc around 6 months ago, everything went smooth until I shut it down for the first time and noticed some (not all) of my rgb lights in my rig remained on, as well as some (again not all) of my fans still spinning. More related notes: -hibernate and sleep mode do the same thing -when flipping the ac power on the psu some fans automatically start spinning and those same rgb come on without me pushing any buttons at all. I then press the start button my case and the rest of the fans and lights come on -ac power switch off is the ONLY way to full shut down the system -whether I shutdown from windows or physically hold the power button on the case, it never shuts off. Whats more, physically holding the power...
I built a custom gaming pc around 6 months ago, everything went smooth until I shut it down for the first time and noticed some (not all) of my rgb lights in my rig remained on, as well as some (again not all) of my fans still spinning. More related notes: -hibernate and sleep mode do the same thing -when flipping the ac power on the psu some fans automatically start spinning and those same rgb come on without me pushing any buttons at all. I then press the start button my case and the rest of the fans and lights come on -ac power switch off is the ONLY way to full shut down the system -whether I shutdown from windows or physically hold the power button on the case, it never shuts off. Whats more, physically holding the power button actually restarts it instead of shutting down.

Things I've tried:

Re-installed OS 4 times since
Disabled/enabled windows fast boot
RMA'd 2 other mobos with the same problem, 1 gigabyte aorus z390 pro wifi, 1 gigabyte aorus z390 master, and am now having the issue on gigabyte aorus z490 master
Messed with boot settings in bios, although being not tech savvy it was more of hail mary attempts

If I had to guess, I'd say its either something to do with my BIOS settings, or my fan controllers/rgb controllers of which i have many connected

If anyone could help me out with this problem I'd appreciate it very very much.

I9 10900k rtx 3080 z490 aorus master TT toughpower 850 gskill 16gb 4000 980 m.2 evo 1tb nvme XPG battlecruiser case windows 10

Something is "off" with the background story, because unless you've changed CPUs completely, you couldn't possibly use the same CPU with a Z390 board that you'd use in a Z490 motherboard. They are entirely different, not compatible sockets. The 10900k won't run in a Z390 motherboard and CPUs that WILL run in a Z390 motherboard will NOT run in a Z490.

Have you TRIED disabling hibernation/hybrid sleep, as follows:

Hibernation

Disabling Hibernation is very easy.

You do not want to do this if you have a laptop as Hibernation is essential when a laptop's battery loses charge and the system needs to safely save it's state. If you have a laptop skip disabling Hibernation and instead disable Fast Startup and Hybrid Sleep if you are having issues.
To disable Hibernation:

1. The first step is to run the command prompt as administrator. In Windows 10, you can do this by right clicking on the start menu and clicking "Command Prompt (Admin)"

2. Type in "powercfg.exe /h off" without the quotes and press enter. If you typed it in correctly, the cursor will simply start at a new line asking for new input

3. Now just exit out of command prompt

Solution