[SOLVED] PLEASE HELP! pc wont post

Mar 24, 2020
So I built my new pc two days ago. I've had some problems getting it to post and boot for the first time (RAM issue and VGA issue) but eventually, I resolved it after multiple tries. Everything worked fine I installed windows downloaded games. So I decided to try and do a mild overclock using MSI afterburner on my GPU I raised core speed by 50 or 100Mhz can't remember and dit the OC scan, it gave something like 80% confidence (or what is the result of the check) so I saved it. I tried to play some games everything worked fine. The next day I was downloading and playing some games still everything was fine. I left my pc for like an hour (in the meantime some games were downloading and I had chrome on) came back no video output. the pc was on and running fine, all fans spinning RGB glowing but the monitor was showing display port had no signal, so I restarted nothing, the VGA Q LED stay on. So I powered it off took my GPU out (did this the first time and it helped) but then the green BOOT Q LED was staying lit. so I cleared RTC still nothing, removed boot drive nothing I tried all combinations with GPU without GPU with boot drive and without it, even witch one ram stick in. Nothing works. right now I have one ram stick in no GPU no boot drive, the VGA Q led is on and BOOT led is on but I still have no video out even on integrated graphics

specs:
ASUS Z390F
ASUS STRIX RTX2070S 8G
I5-9600K
16GB (2x8) hyper x predator 3200

don't know if it helps but I also enabled XMP and I had MSI afterburner OSD overlay on

Update 2 i added back my gpu but its still the same

Last edited:
Solution
Iam thinking it might be that
But the issue iam having now is that my dp is still not working. Iam running on hdmi right now and updating win and all drivers.
Also the case i have is fractal define r6 and it has the fan controller on the back side and i have all my fans pluged into it maybe its overloading the CPU_OPT header even though it has power from sata?
So i somehow i fixed it. I "rebuilt" the system updated windows (on of those updates was some intel display driver or adapter) and got my dp to work and, also removed all overclocks just to be safe
Hope it doesnt happen again i propably wont survive another heart attack
Mar 24, 2020
So i pulled everything out made a testbench from mb box put in my nvme bootdrive all ramsticks and gpu and it works just fine. Postet and booted on first try. So could casue an issue with gpu like that?
Maybe some drives (i have a new 500gb samsung evo ssd a new 1tb wd blue an a old 240 gb wd green from my old pc)

Mar 24, 2020
could be a short on the case to motherboard
But the issue iam having now is that my dp is still not working. Iam running on hdmi right now and updating win and all drivers.
Also the case i have is fractal define r6 and it has the fan controller on the back side and i have all my fans pluged into it maybe its overloading the CPU_OPT header even though it has power from sata?

Mar 24, 2020
So i somehow i fixed it. I "rebuilt" the system updated windows (on of those updates was some intel display driver or adapter) and got my dp to work and, also removed all overclocks just to be safe
Hope it doesnt happen again i propably wont survive another heart attack

Solution