Question Please Help! Problem With Workgroup!!!

rockncountry

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
I have three computers. Two are Windows 10 machines and the new one is a Windows 11 machine. The two Windows 10 machines can see the Windows 11 machine but not the other way around. The Windows 11 machine can't see the Windows 10 machines. I am SOOOOO aggravated as I've been working on this for two days and I have NO idea what to do. I have never had a problem set me back like this. Please help! And thanks in advance!

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
In my own experience:

Make sure all three PC are in the same Workgroup

Go into sharing center options and check the "username/password" method rather than letting Windows handle sharing settings. Set up a common user/pass for all three. Doesn't have to be the login unless you just want to keep things simple, or you can include the additional machines login info.

rockncountry

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2012
In my own experience:

Make sure all three PC are in the same Workgroup

Go into sharing center options and check the "username/password" method rather than letting Windows handle sharing settings. Set up a common user/pass for all three. Doesn't have to be the login unless you just want to keep things simple, or you can include the additional machines login info.
Where is that located exactly? I don't see it anywhere.

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
On Windows 10 this stuff is (mostly) within the Network and Sharing which comes up when you hover over your network connection, or within settings. The Workgroup and such are within "About" under Settings/System IIRC. Much of this will come up with a search query.