Question Please Help Recently did a windows update now I get black screen of death

Jul 20, 2019
I have an Hp elite book laptop running windows 10 and I went into my settings and did a scan for updates and I found a new windows 10 update so I installed it but when it finished it gave me a warning that windows 10 encountered some issues and it gave me 3 options which were to continues trouble shoot or restart the pc. I did some troubleshooting and removed something called the quality update and that seemed to fix the issue. I then booted up my computer and had no problems but after an hour or so my screen turned all white with no cursor and I couldn't really do anything so I restarted and tried again. It worked fine and I logged in but after about three minutes my screen went black and the same thing happened. This has been repeating over and over with the exception that the screen sometimes turns other colors sometimes white or gray sometimes greenish and other times black with green horizontal stripes. It's really weird and annoying and I have no idea how to fix it. If anyone could give e some advice I would greatly appreciate it.

Lutfij

Titan
You might want to go into Safe Mode and see if the issue persists. At this point, I'd advise in also backing up any and/or all critical content in case you need to reinstall your OS after you create a bootable USB installer using Windows Media Creation Tools.

In the interim period, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your laptop.