[SOLVED] Please help, red vga led staying on on mobo and no display

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 5, 2020
I have a rx 590, x470 mobo and a r2700 cpu...ran fine for the year ive had it since building it. Turn it on today, the red vga light on the mobo stays lit. Normally its on for a sec then turns off and the display shows, but all a sudden its now staying lit and there is no display. Please any help would be appreciated.

Apr 5, 2020
make and model of the psu?
I apologize, i just realized you said psu
psu = power supply
My apologies i was just coming back cause it dawned on me what u asked and what i gave sorry. Ill check now. I do remember that my rx590 has a 6 and a 6+2 pin outlet and my psu only had a 6+2 so ive been using that for a year, it has been fine till now. I an taking it apart to check the model and will post.

Apr 5, 2020
I apologize, i just realized you said psu

My apologies i was just coming back cause it dawned on me what u asked and what i gave sorry. Ill check now. I do remember that my rx590 has a 6 and a 6+2 pin outlet and my psu only had a 6+2 so ive been using that for a year, it has been fine till now. I an taking it apart to check the model and will post.
Also i dont think it would matter but only new thing i did before getting off last night was to adjust a file in a game to allow higher frames in my Last Oasis config file. I dont see how it would affect it but i thought to mention.

Apr 5, 2020
Also i dont think it would matter but only new thing i did before getting off last night was to adjust a file in a game to allow higher frames in my Last Oasis config file. I dont see how it would affect it but i thought to mention.
Its a channel well technology switching power supply...model no. GPT500S-A
500W MAX

Apr 5, 2020
Its a channel well technology switching power supply...model no. GPT500S-A
500W MAX
Hey i changed thay game to 144fps...which i now realize my tv is only 60 anyways but does it matter that i changed that and the psu says max 47-63Hz....the Hz and fps are related right ? I just dont know if they are as far as powersupply. Sorry i im new at these issues.

Apr 5, 2020
replcee the psu
So i took your advice, bought a 700W atx smart series and everything turned on same as with other power supply and the red vga light is still on...i did notice a gigabyte update that came out recently for my mobo but i have no way to update I guess i can try my old system just to update the hdd. Please any help would ve greatly appreciated. I tryed an older gpu before i went to buy the new psu and it still was the same. Starting to think its theboard update or its just bad.

Apr 5, 2020
and you have both 6 and 8 pin pcie power to the gpu this time?
yes and I also hooked up my old r7 250 and it didn't work in either pci...I couldn't try the other pci slot with the rx590 cause its too large didn't want to force it...but I just set up my old rig, and the gpu and powersource work fine...only thing I can think of at this point is th mobo or mobo update maybe ?

Apr 5, 2020
yeah, sound like motherboard if it doesn't work with r7 250 either
Ok question could this be a mobo uodate issue, i noticed gigabyte alerted me about an update but i didnt have a chance to before this happened. Second if i take my hdd put it in my asus mobo, couod i download an updated version of gigabyte using my asus and then just switch hdd back and then try that ? I just dont wanna mess up my asus in the process.lol so far tho i hooked up my old asus mobo with my gpu and its working fine, along with old psu..almost sure its mobo issue either way..thanx for the help any more tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.