Please help review my custom pc components

Jun 3, 2018
I was wondering if these parts work well together and if I should change anything. I want to be able to play most games on medium to high settings at a good framerate and to be able to use my oculus rift. These are the specs:
Motherboard: ASUS TUF Z370 PLUS GAMING ATX
cpu: Intel® Core™ Processor i5-8600K 3.60GHZ 9MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1151 (Coffee Lake)
gpu: GeForce® GTX 1060 3GB GDDR5
storage: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
cooling: CyberpowerPC Asetek 550LC 120mm Liquid Cooling CPU Cooler
power supply:EVGA 600 80 PLUS
I would really appreciate your help, thank you.

Are you building this or getting it built for you? Those parts should all be compatible. However, I must ask, how much RAM are you using? Have you already purchased it? Do you have a spare SSD? The 1060 3 GB does lose a good bit of performance compared to the 6 GB version, PLUS you REALLY need that extra frame buffer for VR gaming, so I have my doubts as far as the 3 GB 1060 is concerned. If you're getting it built for you, then I urge you to use pcpartpicker to put together an equivalent build, then compare the prices. If I were you I would: Ditch the prebuilt altogether after comparing the prices, put together a new build on pcpartpicker, adjust components to fit a 6 GB 1060 into your budget. This is basically your build that you told us here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/8XY6D2 vs. an AMD system I put together that makes room for a 6 GB 1060, albeit being around $10 more expensive. https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tGnshy Please do not forget the RAM or the case though.

Jun 3, 2018
I got the 6GB version of the graphics card, 8GB (4GBx2) DDR4/2800MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Vengeance LPX) for my ram, and I got a 250GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W for my ssd. Would these additions make my system better suited for vr. I really appreciate the response, thank you. BTW I am getting this system from cyberpowerpc and have not ordered any of it yet.

Those upgrades would make your system more conducive for VR gaming, yes, but looking at the prices on cyberpower's website, they are outrageously high in my opinion. Is this build immediately needed? If not, I HIGHLY recommend building your own system. I put the details you told me into CyberPower's website, and the total came out to around $1200. For $1200, you could get a FAR more capable PC if you selected to build it yourself, and Im talking by MILES. If you give me a budget, I can get to work on putting together a list of parts for you to get. Do not feel nervous about building PC's, there's plenty of guides online, and if you still need help I'll be glad to provide it to you.

Jun 3, 2018
I reworked some of my components and was wondering if this would work better.

Gaming Chassis: NZXT Source 340 Mid-Tower Gaming Case w/ USB 3.0, Side-Panel Window (Black/Orange Color)
Extra Case Fans: Default case fans

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X 3.4GHz [3.8GHz Turbo] Eight-Core 16MB L3 Cache 95W Processor

CPU / Processor Cooling Fan: CyberpowerPC MasterLiquid Lite 120mm CPU Liquid Cooler with Dual Chamber Pump & Copper Cold Plate (AMD) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)

Motherboard: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 ATX w/ RGB, USB 3.1, Gbt LAN, 3 PCIe x16, 3 PCIe x1, 6 SATA3, 2 M.2 SATA/PCIe

RAM / System Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) DDR4/3000MHz Dual Channel Memory (ADATA XPG Z1)

Video Card: GeForce® GTX 1060 6GB GDDR5 (Pascal)[VR Ready] (Single Card)

Power Supply: 600 Watts – Enermax Revo DUO series 600Watts 80 Plus Gold high-efficient airflow w/ Dual Fans Power Supply

Primary Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)

Secondary Hard Drive: 250GB Samsung 860 EVO Series SATA-III 6 Gb/s SSD - Seq R/W: Up to 550/520 MB/s, Rnd R/W up to 100/90k (Single Drive)

Internal Wireless Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC51 Wireless AC750 PCIe Adapter Card for Dual-Band 2x2 802.11AC WIFI

Also I was wondering if I have the Internal Wireless Network card if I would need a motherboard that supports wifi or just an extra pci slot. Thank you once again for all of your help.

There is no reason for you to go with a 1700X for VR gaming. The 8600K will give you higher frame rates, which are crucial to not getting motion sickness in VR. The PSU is definitely of higher quality. As far as that adapter is concerned, all you need is an extra PCIe slot that is the same size, it should tell you under the specs of the adapter. Are you aware of pcpartpicker? It's a very good website that has a built in compatibility filter, so you don't need to worry about mismatching components. At this point, if you have that much money to spend, you'll definitely be getting a better deal out of building it yourself, so I must urge you once again: You will be getting WAY better hardware when you build a PC vs. if you buy one at this price point.