[SOLVED] please help ryzen 5 3600X overclock

Aug 10, 2020
Hi guys... I really want to overclock my ryzen 5 3600x but I still didn't find a post that says the REAL safe voltage to them (ryzen's 3000). I reach 4.4 with 1.3v but i'll not keep it because im scared to explode the cpu... my ryzen are the "new" one, I bought him 2 months ago.

I made the Prime95 test and the "safe" voltage that it gets was 1.088v and thats ridiculous :))

so...

what do u guys think?

If I use this, I can really damage him, or just reduce his lifespan to the half?

Last edited:
Solution
Just do the following, and you can forget you even heard the terms 'Ryzen 3000 overclocking' and 'safe voltage'...
1)Go overkill on the cooling.
These cpus will push for higher multi-thread clocks on their own if the thermal headroom is there. NH-D15, D15S, 280/360mm AIO/CLC - just go big and forget about it.
Unlike manual OC, which sacrifices more single thread performance the higher you go up the product stack, there's none of that with this step.
Last month I saw a thread with someone who'd OC'ed their 3950X to 4.3ghz. You may think that was neat, until you look up the single thread boost: 4.7ghz...
So they threw away 400mhz single in favor of 100-200mhz multi? :pfff:

2)Memory to 3600-3733mhz, FCLK to half of the memory frequency...

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Just do the following, and you can forget you even heard the terms 'Ryzen 3000 overclocking' and 'safe voltage'...
These cpus will push for higher multi-thread clocks on their own if the thermal headroom is there. NH-D15, D15S, 280/360mm AIO/CLC - just go big and forget about it.
Unlike manual OC, which sacrifices more single thread performance the higher you go up the product stack, there's none of that with this step.
Last month I saw a thread with someone who'd OC'ed their 3950X to 4.3ghz. You may think that was neat, until you look up the single thread boost: 4.7ghz...

2)Memory to 3600-3733mhz, FCLK to half of the memory frequency, and tighten those timings! Look up Ryzen Dram Calculator guides.
The above 2 steps are superior to that Ryzen 3000 manual OC crap that's being spread around anyway.

Solution
Aug 10, 2020

2)Memory to 3600-3733mhz, FCLK to half of the memory frequency, and tighten those timings! Look up Ryzen Dram Calculator guides.
The above 2 steps are superior to that Ryzen 3000 manual OC crap that's being spread around anyway.
OK! im gonna live with that... thank you.

Latest posts