[SOLVED] PLEASE HELP SATA PORT NOT PRESENT!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 24, 2020
I still need help with my new computer for my girlfriend, I am in the bios everything is ready and up and running besides apart from my ssd and hdd and I just went out today and bought a new western digital 500gb ssd and tried it out today so it has nothing to do with the hard drives and I have like 6 sata cables 2 of them are brand new the ones that come with the motherboard I really need help the pc specs are:

CPU: Ryzen 7 2700x AMD WRAITH SPIRE
MOTHERBOARD: msi b450m gaming plus
RAM: g skill 16gb 3000mhz
GPU :RX 560 2gb
STORAGE: Kingston 120gb ssd, 1tb Toshiba hdd, 500gb western digital ssd
PSU: corsair cx650m psu

Solution
Which OS are you trying to install?

While you give us the build info, thanks for that!, you leave out the actual issue details and 10 people will see 10 different problems.

1st, check your cabling,. Drives need a power cable from the PSU and a separate Sata cable that goes does to the motherboard. Only have the drive that you wish to install windows to plugged in.

Next boot up into the Bios. Make sure the Sata ports are enabled and set to AHCI mode & are not removable/hot-swap. You should see the drive listed. in the list of drives somewhere (Your online manual has horrid coverage of the bios)

If you see the drive being listed, check your boot order that the HDD is set as one.
On some bios's, Boot order might only list HDD as...

popatim

Titan
Which OS are you trying to install?

While you give us the build info, thanks for that!, you leave out the actual issue details and 10 people will see 10 different problems.

1st, check your cabling,. Drives need a power cable from the PSU and a separate Sata cable that goes does to the motherboard. Only have the drive that you wish to install windows to plugged in.

Next boot up into the Bios. Make sure the Sata ports are enabled and set to AHCI mode & are not removable/hot-swap. You should see the drive listed. in the list of drives somewhere (Your online manual has horrid coverage of the bios)

If you see the drive being listed, check your boot order that the HDD is set as one.
On some bios's, Boot order might only list HDD as an entry and to select which HDD would be another menu, like: hdd boot order.

Now you should be all set to install windows, If you don't see the drive listed in the 'Where to install windows to' scree then click the 'Drive Options' link down in the lower left. If the drive shows up with partitions already on it, make sure you've backed up everything you need and then go ahead and delete them all then click next when its all unallocated.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.