[SOLVED] Screen turns black, fans go really loud & when I turn PC off & back on, I get a black screen with blue lines ?

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I have an RTX 3080 Aurous, Ryzen 9 5900x. I will be gaming for a good hour before my entire screen just turns black. When it turns black, my CPU fan noise goes insanely loud. I then try to turn off my PC to turn it back on. It shows the windows logo, but after it loads out of the windows logo to let me type in my password, the screen goes black again but with a blue line in the middle. I want to say it is my GPU since that gets the most heat and this is image artifacting. The cpu cooler that I have is a Noctua NH D15 which keeps the CPU at a decent 60 degrees Celsius when under load. How can I fix this?

EDIT:

I have an MSI B550 A Pro. Could this motherboard be overclocking my GPU? I know that alot of motherboard manufactures put in their own overclocking for marketing. This is the first time that this has happened to me. My old GPU never crashed, even during 24 hour game sessions.

Solution
I had the same issue with my aorus waterforce wb 3090 (not this though:
It shows the windows logo, but after it loads out of the windows logo to let me type in my password, the screen goes black again but with a blue line in the middle.
) I made mine more stable by lowering my core clock and memory clock speeds. if you're gonna do it use MSI afterburner and not Aorus engine.

OUTBURSTPAL

Prominent
Apr 23, 2021
I had the same issue with my aorus waterforce wb 3090 (not this though:
It shows the windows logo, but after it loads out of the windows logo to let me type in my password, the screen goes black again but with a blue line in the middle.
) I made mine more stable by lowering my core clock and memory clock speeds. if you're gonna do it use MSI afterburner and not Aorus engine.

Solution

Yoiji

Honorable
Mar 29, 2018
I had the same issue with my aorus waterforce wb 3090 (not this though: ) I made mine more stable by lowering my core clock and memory clock speeds. if you're gonna do it use MSI afterburner and not Aorus engine.
I just lowered my clock curve like all the videos say to do. Do these clock speeds only stay if I keep MSI afterburner running? How do I make it so these clocks are permanent even if MSI afterburner is turned completely off?

OUTBURSTPAL

Prominent
Apr 23, 2021
I just lowered my clock curve like all the videos say to do. Do these clock speeds only stay if I keep MSI afterburner running? How do I make it so these clocks are permanent even if MSI afterburner is turned completely off?
Just make sure you always enable it after booting up your PC. Or you can set it to enable on startup.

TRENDING THREADS