Please help! Serial mouse doesn't work

G

Hi,

I had a Microsoft PS2 mouse and would like to connect it to a serial port (COM1) in an old computer (Pentium 75 Mhz, WIN 3.1). By using a PS2-DB9 adapter I connect the mouse to a com port. It doesn't work (the arrow doesn't move).

I have tried to connect the same mouse to another COM port (I've test it with a different device and it is working properly) in a different computer (TYAN SL1692DL DUAL PII 266 with a PS2 mouse port disable, Dual boot WINME & WIN2K PRO), nothing has changed.

I also try to use a PS2 - DB9 - DB25 adapter and connect it to COM 2 with the same result.

I buy a new serial I/O card install to both computer and try to hook the mouse to it, the problem still persists.

Is there something that I need to do in order to make it work? Any suggestion and help is greatly appreciated.

G

Have you installed the drivers that came with it, if you have, and it still dosent work you could remove the mouse in win, reboot the sys and see if it recognises it

G

Thanks for your help.

I am pretty sure that the adaptor doesn't work as it supposed too. I have been told that I have to use a Microsoft adapter in order to make the Microsoft mouse works with a serial port.

G

I thought the Microsoft mice came with 2 plugs on the end that you can plug in either
:smile:

So long and thanks for all the fish

G

You're correct, Microsoft mouse come with its own adapter. Since I don't see any use of it, I've put it away. Now I need it, I can't find it anywhere. Finally, I use a compatible one but it didn't work out.
Anyway, thank you much for your assistance.

TRENDING THREADS