Please Help - Slow Accessing with Maxtor DiamondMax Plus 10

guitarbloke

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
Hi guys, I have one of these HDDs in my machine, it's got a 16mb buffer which I figured would help with access times, however when doing certain stuff (mainly games such as WoW to be honest), the game will freeze for anything up to a minute or so whilst the HDD goes crazy, then it will carry on as normal.

This will happen once or twice a day. I have more than enough RAM etc to be running the games I play and this never happened with my old HDD.

I have disabled background progs such as NAV auto-protect and Zone Alarm, but still this continues.

Can anyone please suggest anything tohelp me solve this? The drive is only about 2 months old.

Thanks

Sean

SuperFly03

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2004
I play Lineage II and my DM 10's go crazy when I play that game no matter what I do. It has to do with the loading zones and how poorly the game is programmed. As for why your hold HDD didn't do it... I am at a loss. You think your once or twice a day is bad? It happens every time i cross loading zone trigger on my comp, which if you ever play L2, is about every 5 min lol.

I chalk it up to MMORPG's but maybe its an actual problem. Are you combining it with a NF4 board? Because historicly DM10's have overall performed terribly irradic on them.