Question Please help, stuck on motherboard logo on boot. Can't boot into windws

Dec 5, 2020
Hi, so i just build a new pc for my restaurant. It works fine before and then suddenly its stuck, my screen was black without anything after i pressed the powrr button, and then i tried to press all button, safe mode, bios, etc. And i successfully entered the bios, and then i checked ram, cpu, motherboard, and my ssd memory, there's no error, i can see it all on bios. and then i went to restart it, and now its stuck on the motherboard logo. Whenever i press restart button, it went back to the black screen, then i restart, press bios button, then motherboard logo appeared again. I tried plug unplug the ram, changed the slots, unplug and plug the ssd doesnt work, but i tried the ssd on another pc and it works, then i install it on my faulty new pc, it works. Then after i turned it off, tomorrow i turned it on, the problem happened again. I dont know what i should do, it isnt practical at all that whenever i want to use the pc i have to unplug the ssd then install it again and again. All of the stuff was brand new. Thank you everyone

My specs :
Cpu : I3-10100
Motherboard : msi h410m pro
Ram : Geil ddr4 evo potenza PC21330 2666MHz single chanel 8gb
Ssd : Adata ssd su650
M.2 2280 240gb
Psu : built in from case powerlogic futura black n1000/n2000 450w

Sorry for my bad english :(

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Hello,

Try to make windows to go and see if it boots normally (Rufus + windows iso).
I would try getting out the CMOS battery, which is around the size of a penny on a motherboard, that will reset bios configuration to its original config.Some boards have also shortening pins for the same thing.

Some hardware components just dont like each other from the start, this might be the case, but lets try other methods.
If you say that the ssd works in other pc, maybe try different sata port on your mobo if you use only one still.

Let me know and we can maybe find a solution.

Reactions: Volkriegz
Dec 5, 2020
Hello,

Try to make windows to go and see if it boots normally (Rufus + windows iso).
I would try getting out the CMOS battery, which is around the size of a penny on a motherboard, that will reset bios configuration to its original config.Some boards have also shortening pins for the same thing.

Some hardware components just dont like each other from the start, this might be the case, but lets try other methods.
If you say that the ssd works in other pc, maybe try different sata port on your mobo if you use only one still.

Let me know and we can maybe find a solution.
You mean i should try to reinstall windows see if it works or not? I'll try that later.
Oh i tried unplugging the cmos battery and wait for around 5 mins then plug it in back, restore the bios setting to default, also i use m.2 and theres only 1 slot on it so i cant try it on other slot, i didnt use any hdd, only m.2 ssd. It still didnt work :(
Thank you for replying

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Try to wipe the ssd clean in other pc and try in yours + the boot from another disk/usb etc.. thats how we will know for sure that other components arent conflicting.
Does it have windows on it?

Dec 5, 2020
Try to wipe the ssd clean in other pc and try in yours + the boot from another disk/usb etc.. thats how we will know for sure that other components arent conflicting.
Does it have windows on it?
oh, i need to take ssd from my own pc and plug it to my faulty pc? i read online that says it could be electricity static problem but i don't know if it was that problem or something else.

Morterio

Great
Dec 4, 2020
Well, the easiest would be to just return the thing, since its brand new and doesnt work as expected from customer side.

But from my view, what i would try if i had this problem, was to find out if the ssd is faulty by installing new windows on it and letting it boot from it within the pc from several sata ports, and if that doesnt work, than other methods.

But in your case i think it would be best to return the ssd. but since you said that "but i tried the ssd on another pc and it works, " than the problem should be somewhere else, Maybe you did plug something wrong? maybe its the hww incompatibility or faulty components. Since its starting to trouble from day 1.

Dec 5, 2020
Hello, thank you for your reply and sorry for not replying for few days because i was trying stuff. I updated the windows on the faulty ssd pc to my pc, and plug it back to faulty pc, and i think i just kinda realized my chassis doesnt have rubber feet on them, and i put the pc on the floor, but now i put them on top of non conductive mat. Now it works i dont know which of those two things i did that fixed it. Either i changed the position of the pc chassis or updated the windows fixed it. Thank you @Morterio for being patient and helping me

Reactions: Morterio