PLEASE HELP! When Installing My GTX 960, No Signal Found on my monitor

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

InfernalPhantom

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
So I got a gtx 960 strix 4 gb and I installed it correctly with the 6 pin connected. I plug in it into my monitor (via VGA with the VGA-DVI converter) and power the system, no post beeps and every fan is spinning EVEN the video card's. However the monitor does not get a signal. (Btw my old video card recognizes the monitor but not the new one). Can someone please help me fix this problem, Thanks!

New Video Card:
http://

My PC (Switching the GTX 645):
http://

Solution
Wow this thread is off the rails.

First off drivers don't matter, if you don't even see the BIOS then its a hardware problem.

Secondly, that PSU is more than fine, and I saw you asked about this in the HP forums, they all have no clue what they are talking about.

Third you don't need to disable onboard graphics, thats a waste of time, its already disabled and even if it wasn't you had a GPU in there before. Don't remove those tabs, you don't need to.

Fourth BadActors suggestion is likely the issue, did you follow that exactly?

And finally, I don't like those converter cables, many times they are the source of the problem, can you use an HDMI or anything else to make a direct connection to your monitor or another monitor?

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

No idea yet but considering how low power, probably way less than 40

InfernalPhantom

Commendable
Jun 8, 2016
So I have been waiting for the release of the GTX 1060 and it just came out yesterday. With my current EVGA 500B power supply, will it be enough to power the 1060, i7 4790 and 12GB of DDR3 ram?

shocktart

Prominent
Jan 12, 2018
I have a similar problem.So I just recently cleaned my pc. Unplugged everything to make sure i didnt shock myself before working in it. I Dusted it out and made sure everything was fine. I powered it on and i did not get a signal on my moniter. The fans powered on and then slowed to a stop. I checked everything and it is all plugged in correctly. Its a new card, not really even a year old. The only thing i can think of doing is removing it and checking to see if the bios is derecting it. Also no beep from it upon start up as well.

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

This post is a year and a half old and already solved. Post a new thread with your full system specs and details on your issue. Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.