Please help. why am i benchmarking so bad..

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
i still never reach my 3.7 or turbo speed of 4.7 or w.e EVER when playing PUBG wich should make my pc run at max load ? also my frames suffer random sutters and shit i know theres something wrong i just am very new to all this

G

I'd say for RAM speed at least what way did you put it in? By that I mean that my Ram speeds were underperforming when they were put side by side, but when I but them one Slot apart it worked (It should be in your motherboard manual.), Also by any chance do you have a crap ton of tabs open while doing the benchmarks?

Go into the bios and set to defaults then set the ram to XMP profile 1.

Save and exit.

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

do u think this will fix my processor issue i dont quite understand

Remount the cooler 1st, clean off and reapply thermal paste.

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
my aio cooler came with pre applied paste, from the look of my temps is it a must i do that, id have to go buy thermal paste which i will do if its a must, but how would i properly clean it the last thing i want to do is break anything else. im about 2 seconds from just bringing this thing somewhere but i want to be proud of building it myself [ with a little friendly help :)]

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
am i damaging anything but continuously using and running this pc at its current state ? ive been using it for 2 days i hope i havent damaged anything..

To clean off the thermal paste the best thing is paper coffee filters and some rubbing alcohol. As far as damaging it high temps over long periods should be avoided, its probably fine to use for light work but personally I'd leave it off until you have the cooling sorted.

Hard to tell what cooler you have exactly but also make sure its all hooked up correctly, as well as the fans on the radiator blowing the air out the top by looking at your configurations.

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
fk me i really hope i didnt break anything. what do you mean it was mounted incorrectly ? like its the wrong way ??? i dont think its the wrong way.. but if u mean i fked up thermal paste wise that is most deff prob the case i think :\

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

what do u mean incorrectly specifically ?

mikemcq

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018

i have the nzxt x62 rev 2 aio water cooler