Question Please help: Windows 10 assumes my USB C to DisplayPort cable is a USB device and is driving me insane please help.

Sep 18, 2021
It keeps making the connected/disconnected sound and telling me that my USB device is incompatible.The monitor works just fine, but it's impossible to use when every 10 seconds or soI get this notification. Is this an issue with the USB port itself assuming it's a device. This is incredibly irritating.

I've tried to update the LG drivers manually using Device Manager, but it states that it's already up to date. It's also listed as a Generic PnP monitor.

I have a HP Envy 13 with an 11th gen i7-1165G7

It keeps making the connected/disconnected sound and telling me that my USB device is incompatible.The monitor works just fine, but it's impossible to use when every 10 seconds or soI get this notification. Is this an issue with the USB port itself assuming it's a device. This is incredibly irritating.

I've tried to update the LG drivers manually using Device Manager, but it states that it's already up to date. It's also listed as a Generic PnP monitor.

I have a HP Envy 13 with an 11th gen i7-1165G7
if the usb c is not thunderbolt, then it shouldn't support usb c as a display.