Please help!!! windows logo then black screen

noxturno

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
hello !!
I recently got new parts for a new pc everything new but the videocard(I been using this in my old computer and never had any issues hd7970 3gb)
so I put all the parts together and my computer worked fine here are some specs,
mobo= asus formula v
cpu= i7 3770k oc 4.6
gpu= sapphire 7970 3gb oc eddition (this has been working on my old pc)

everything was fine the pc even worked with the hd 7970 pluged into it but after I installed CCC latest drivers, after is done it asks me to reboot so I do that looks good but then after the windows logo I just get a black screen :(

fixxxer113

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
Try safe mode. Your monitor is probably set to a resolution or refresh rate that it doesn't support. When in safe mode, set it to something low like 1024 X 768 / 50hz and reboot. When you go into windows, change the settings again to your normal resolution and refresh rate. Also, it helps to actually install your monitor software. It contains profiles that tell Windows what exactly the monitor supports.

noxturno

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012

only way to get back to the os is to do a system restore before installing ccc, or using the i7 3770k intergrated gpu

noxturno

Honorable
Sep 8, 2012
ok guys I found the solution myself...

If device manager shows your display adapter as standard VGA graphics adapter, that means the driver installation is corrupt. This happens quite often with these new graphics cards starting with HD 5xxx series cards. I also experience this problem.

What you can try is, when you open the big .exe file you have downloaded from AMD site, this file extracts to C:\AMD\... or C:\ATI\... and then starts to install. Do not install it. Just stop the installation. Then go to Device Manager, expand your Display Adapter and open Properties of Display Adapter and click Update Driver. It will ask you for the path of the .inf file to update the driver. The .inf file is in C:\AMD\....\Packages\Drivers\Display\W76A_INF\. Just point to this folder and your display adapter driver will be installed.

After the driver is installed, your display adapter will be correctly identified. Now you can double-click the big .exe file from AMD site to install the CCC and other applications, including the HDMI audio drivers. This time everything will be installed correctly.

Be sure to have downloaded the correct file from AMD site, naely 64-bit drvers for your OS, not 32-bit.

TRENDING THREADS