Please Help. Windows Media Creation Tool Won't recognize my USB drives

Louis Napoleon

Commendable
Oct 9, 2016
So I was going to use Flash drive to install the windows 10 in my new-build PC . I downloaded the media creation tool in the Microsoft website. I firstly plug ed in my Ssandisk extreme flash drive which could't not be detected by the tool ( but it showed it's successfully connect to the laptop., but i tried it in my friend's desktop where the flash drive could be detected by the tool. I tried another Toshiba USB 3.0 in my laptop again. and it's still not detected by the tool which says " can't find the flash drive "

Need help here thanks a lot

Solution
There are several models of flash drives that have issues with the utility. If it worked on another system, just create the boot disk on that, or try another drive. After trying several models, I find that the cheaper USB 2 drives work the best. Specifically the Kingston DataTraveler 4 GB ones, worked every time, Windows 7, Windows 10, using SCCM. Lager, fancier, faster drives were not as good for me.
There are several models of flash drives that have issues with the utility. If it worked on another system, just create the boot disk on that, or try another drive. After trying several models, I find that the cheaper USB 2 drives work the best. Specifically the Kingston DataTraveler 4 GB ones, worked every time, Windows 7, Windows 10, using SCCM. Lager, fancier, faster drives were not as good for me.

Solution