Please help! Windows Trash, i mean Windows 10 is giving me an error saying This app can't be activated by the built-in Admin.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014
I woke up today, went to get on my PC before work, and well Turns out i have ran into my 68th Windows 10 Glitch/Bug/Error or whatever you would call it because now i can not even open any of my images, videos, or games and i have no idea what to do. I called Windows and they said just to format my PC but am so fed up Formatting because as of now i had to completely format my owns PC 3 times, my wifes 2 times, and my friends 3 time, and also and my brothers 1 due to all of them it getting stuck at one point in the Blue screen thing that asks you to trouble shoot and when you do it just keeps rebooting and is an endless cycel. I really do not want to Format my PC again. I mean i was so desperate i replaced my Samsung 840 Evo with an 850 PRO thinking it was my SSD or something but NOPE still is ridden with hundreds of errors and glitches even with a new fresh install. Does any one know how to fix this? If not would it be possible for Windows to trade my Windows 10 for something better like Windows 7 or something? I own a real copy of WIndows 10 not an OEM.

Solution
Win 7 is stable now, after 312 patches you would hope so. Comparing anything that has been out as long as win 7 to a year old product is a bit unfair. Win 10 will never be finished, they always plan on adding to it and maybe expanding some of its functions as they go. I know its not perfect, nothing is. If Win 7 were perfect we wouldn't have a forum here to fix its problems.

you can't open anything? it sounds like a permissions problem. is your user an admin? Are these new files or old ones? You may need to take ownership of them: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-ownership-and-get-full-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/

Microsoft seem to hand out "format pc" advice like its candy. In many cases it does fix the problem but...
Well there is a old saying stick with what you know works for you.
Being rather blunt about it, I cannot count how many times now I have seen posts about Windows 10
And all it`s quirks, bugs and errors.

The other saying is if it works, does what it`s supposed to why change it ?

Partly I don`t blame people for going from windows 7 to for example windows 10.
It`s a matter of personal choice at the end of the day.
But MS did it`s best to shove windows 10 right in consumers faces.

The other saying is nothing in life is free, and if it is you can usually find the reason as to why something is so cheap or free.

So what real benefits, were there in upgrading from say windows 7, or 8.1 to windows 10 ?

Microsoft would have you believe there were plenty, but as with all things including hype.
Things are never as shiny and squeaky clean as you are lead to believe are they.

Just like a second hand car if you were to buy it, you would give it a good look over, and then take it for a drive test before buying it, for any faults or part of it that needs fixing.

Even a new car can have it`s faults on it, can it not ?

Well as with all things new operating systems should be classed with the same thought.
It has always been the case that when Microsoft releases a new version of there OS.

It will never be 100% stable for a group of users, or people who choose to adopt it.
Given a choice.

Maybe in another three years I will buy and install windows 10 after I deem it stable, and bug free.
But I stick to windows 7 knowing it works 100% And if it works, does what it is supposed to without problem why change it?

Simply you don`t do you! because it`s proved it`s self to you.
Where as Windows 10 and its reliability, performance was always going to be a big gamble to anyone.

So Ferrariassassin what`s more important, the bells and whistles, the hype, the free upgrade to shove something out of the door half baked in truth.

Or reliability, tested and proven ?

Basically if you found windows 7 or 8 to be more stable for you.
Stick with it.

Ferrariassassin

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2014

Well i never had Windows 7 and only used it on a Friends PC once but i heard everyone saying it is better. But can you please tell me how i can stop the error saying This app can't be activated by the built-in Admin? That is what i was needing to know. I love Windows 10 but why would i want to keep it if i can not open my images, can not open music, can not play games, can not move desktop icons, constant memory leaks such as it makes me use 32GB of ram while running nothing but the desktop, constantly crashing with a new BSOD, Constant bugs that not only make the experience bad but makes it to where it STOPS you from doing anything. I am not trying to down Windows 10 but why the heck would i want it if i can not open images, music or play my games? Would you be happy if your OS would not allow you to do anything? That is why i am asking if anyone can help me fix this and if no one knows how to fix it ill go to Windows 8 or 7 because why keep windows 10 and not be able to open images, music, or play any game i own?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Win 7 is stable now, after 312 patches you would hope so. Comparing anything that has been out as long as win 7 to a year old product is a bit unfair. Win 10 will never be finished, they always plan on adding to it and maybe expanding some of its functions as they go. I know its not perfect, nothing is. If Win 7 were perfect we wouldn't have a forum here to fix its problems.

you can't open anything? it sounds like a permissions problem. is your user an admin? Are these new files or old ones? You may need to take ownership of them: http://winaero.com/blog/how-to-take-ownership-and-get-full-access-to-files-and-folders-in-windows-10/

Microsoft seem to hand out "format pc" advice like its candy. In many cases it does fix the problem but not always.

Solution