[SOLVED] Please Help with BSOD, New Computer build

aronbchek

Honorable
Nov 29, 2017
I am making a computer for a friend, I have made close to a hundred different builds with different specs and spent hours troubleshooting but I never had so many BSOD in my life. Usually I can just put everything together, install windows really quickly and let the person set up the account and boom, but this particular build is killing me.

The build is a Ryzen 5 2600, 16gb ram stick (we have two 8gb sticks for back up), 600watt evga power supply and a 1660 super, 1TB ssd. The device worked fine until in the hands of my friend started having problems.

First Time: Freshly built. Booted fine, Gave them the computer to install windows updates. When it was installing updates it froze for almost 2 hours, they shut down and windows I guess was corrupted. Nvidia wasnt downloading because windows didnt update and windows didnt update because idk. My resolution was to reinstall windows

Second Time: The reinstalled windows worked, nvidia updated and epic games was installed. There was missing/damaged dll files that I found solutions for online but during their play the computer randomly went black and restarted. Giving them a host of Memory Errors, System Errors, And a cycle of reboots. My attempt was to just wipe the drives and reinstall windows AGAIN. I took out the ram, GPU, took out the cmos, I have no idea what could be fault cause either way it persists.

But now I cant even install windows for some unknown reason, I dont know what item could be faulty in this case. I recreated the windows media tool twice, used it both usb sticks to install windows to no avail. I eventually swapped hard drives and it still didnt work, but one time it did. For the hard drive that did work, it would download the game for a bit then run into service errors and even when I'm idle, I get service errors. Never had I had a host of these problems happen this long or concurrently, it must be hardware, anyone have any suggestions?

Solution
is ram on motherboard memory list? can be a problem with Ryzen.

Try running memtest86 on your ram, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Colif

Win 11 Master
is ram on motherboard memory list? can be a problem with Ryzen.

Try running memtest86 on your ram, up to 4 passes. Only error count you want is 0, any higher could be cause of the BSOD. Remove/replace ram sticks with errors. Memtest is created as a bootable USB so that you don’t need windows to run it

Solution