Question PLEASE Help with display adapter for my wifi connection ?

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
So I have 2 really bad problems I needed/need help with which I’ll post the link to in a bit but by trying to fix those problems I uninstalled AdBlock (I think that’s what it was) and ever since it showed my connections to the family network was fine but no matter what I tried NOTHING on the computer could access the internet! I tried disabling all kinds of protections, reinstalled that app but no luck. Sooo I thought maybe it was a drivers issues so I went to another computer and downloaded 3 executables for wan/network/ ect. I installed these and now my display adaptor isn’t working no matter what I do! It can’t even find the network anymore. I’ve spent the past week trying to fix the initial problems and as you can tell, they’ve gotten worse so any help would be much much appreciated.!
So I’m used to using ethernet connections, but I moved to Virginia where that is not an option so we had Cox install a panoramic box we use for our phone, Wi-Fi and cable… No router or anything. Yes I have tried unplugging and plugging the thing back in several times. LoL

I wish I could post pictures etc. someone showed me how to put them on this cloud where I could share them with him but that is on the PC which no longer has Internet.
So in device manager under network adapters I noticed:
Intel(R) Dual Bond Wireless-3168
RealTek PCIe GbE Family controller
And several WAN mini ports
Welllll… I download 3 executive files for the three above mentioned adapters to install drivers, put them on my computer and ran them all. Now not even finding the network…
I’ve tried going into each adapter and picking different drivers, I’ve run every troubleshoot, did the commands in command prompt I learned through research and even reset the network with no luck. The error I’m getting is
“ there might be a problem with the driver for the Wi-Fi adapter”

Thinking I was going to be playing Baldur’s gate 3 all day and instead, I’ve been dealing with this and can’t even get to the real problems… Again, let me post the link to that thread in case anyone knows stuff about that might be able to help…. And the one response I got there was from a guy who said what was causing my BSOD problem, but I haven’t heard from him in a while.
<That’s the link to what I am dealing with as a whole…
So hopefully we can fix my network and then maybe someone can help me with these other hellish problems… 😭 THANKS in advance for any help or ideas… here are my specs..

CyberpowerC computer (?? Ask Best Buy lol)
Windows 10 Home edition
Motherboard: Gigabyte Tech model B450M DS3H WIFI-CF PCI-Express 4.0 AMD Chipset
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 360 6-Core
GPU: Radeon RX 580 8GB GDDR5
PSU: unfortunately, I can’t find this out… I looked inside the case, and it’s hidden inside of some compartment with nothing written on it
Memory: 32GB DDR4

Again, thanks for any help!! Also… if I have to do a system restore will I lose all my games even if I’m installed then on the D drive?? I know they sometimes save info or saved games somewhere on C.
Hope to here from someone soon!!

Colin

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
First off, lets assume you have the black PW6 Pano version. It includes a built in router and modem and includes wifi. It also has 2 ethernet ports. Windows 10 or 11 will load the correct drivers automatically, and Windows update will notify you if any optional updates are available for that model.
With the unit turned on, the white online indicator should be on.
It appears you’re not quite sure what was deleted, and from your message it seems you have no access to seeing anything because of your display adapter issue.
Are we misunderstanding something here?

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
First off, lets assume you have the black PW6 Pano version. It includes a built in router and modem and includes wifi. It also has 2 ethernet ports. Windows 10 or 11 will load the correct drivers automatically, and Windows update will notify you if any optional updates are available for that model.
With the unit turned on, the white online indicator should be on.
It appears you’re not quite sure what was deleted, and from your message it seems you have no access to seeing anything because of your display adapter issue.
Are we misunderstanding something here?
Nope you got it right! I can see but the display periodically goes out and then recovers. I it sounds like you are probably right about the device you think we have. I don’t know if we have ethernet cables anymore but I’m gonna check on that. everyone else’s computer still has Internet. Maybe I can do the ipconfig all thing on mine, copy it to a flash drive and then upload it here from another machine if you think that will help. Thank you guys sooo much for responding!!

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
Run "ipconfig /all" (without quotes) via the Command Prompt.

Post the results here. You should be able to copy and paste the results without any need to retype everything.
Helllo, thanks for your help! So I took my computer downstairs and hooked it up with an Ethernet cable and it’s back the way it was saying it’s connected to the network but I can’t update the drivers I probably screwed up or do anything the access is the Internet… I can do the up config all but I’ll have to type it out on my phone

ColinCC

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2014
Okay guys I removed adguard which was really boarded as a virus by windows, and I removed it using revo UnInstaller. Still says I’m connected to the net work but I can’t get any Internet access so here are some images. One is for the IP stuff. You wanted to see in the other is a screenshot of the error. I get every time my display goes out and a screenshot of what event viewer says about that error.
3 Items

Ralston18

Titan
I suggest holding on the "clean" install. There are still other things that can be done.

Try running the built-in Windows troubleshooters. The troubleshooters may find and fix something.

Also run "dism" and "sfc /scannow" via the Command Prompt.

FYI:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-use-dism-command-line-utility-repair-windows-10-image

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

Try pinging your router/gateway (192.168.0.1) and then ping google (8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4).

JohnMGotts

Reputable
Dec 7, 2020
I suggest this when clients start modifying things they lack knowledge of. In this situation, more time will be spent now and the future in diagnosing a multitude of issues. When things “suddenly” and with no attempt of any kind of restoring effort…well, it just sends a message.

TRENDING THREADS