Question Please help with Graphics Card issue.

Jun 22, 2019
Husband and I have identical computers built in 2012. We just updated our Graphics cards to Nvidia geforce gtx 1660 TI. I have no issues but he has been experiencing the monitor going to no signal and a buzzing noise, he has to hard reboot when this happens and it is getting more frequent. We were told to download msi afterburner but not sure how to set everything. He set the Fan speed to 80 as he was told. It is running at about 86 degree F. Mine is running at 89F. Nothing else is overheating and it is still happening. What other information can I provide?

AmD FX 8120 8 core processor 3.27 GHZ
8 GB Ram
Win 7 64 Bit
ocz zx series 850 w Power supply
republic of gaming crosshair V Formula MB
corsair H100i Liquid Cpu cooler
Kingston HyperX SSD

Apr 2, 2019
please confirm the temp in C or F. If those temps are in Celsius then both of your cards are running too hot. Do your pc cases have sufficient airflow?
Is the monitor making the buzzing noise or the gpu? Try re-seating the gpu to the mobo and making sure the power cables are securely attached.

Jun 22, 2019
Those temps are indeed F, not Celsius. Yes they have airflow. That is what we are trying now. We are also going to inspect the card and Mobo for anything suspicious. Thank you and will post the outcome.

Jun 22, 2019
So everything looked good, all fans turned easily, all connections seemed secure. Reseated Graphics card into different pci slot and plugged it in. Left the side off and powered on to check if all fans were powered on. Everything looks good. Now its a waiting game to see if it fails.

Jun 22, 2019
So far, no fails. His fluctuated from 100F/38C running idle on the game to 113F/45C Under load of a Meta Event. Mine stayed at max 102f/39c. But at the time his fan speed was st on auto. Going to try it set at 100%, his sat at 96f/36c. He is wondering if he should return this one as it could be faulty or damaged.

Last edited: