please help with monitor

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
i just bought a dell S1909WNF and on every website it sais it has dvi and vga connectivity but it only has a vga port but every single website i have been on said it has a dvi connection but there is no port so does anyone know how i connect it up using dvi i have been stressed so much because i bought a monitor and it doesant have a decent port please help

Solution
Thanks for providing that picture, I wanted to see if it looked as if someone had tampered with the monitor before you acquired it. From what I can see, that is a stock Dell monitor, unmodified.

Please look carefully at the bottom of the monitor, at the VGA port. Can you see a DVI connector being blocked by the plastic? I wonder if there is a plastic panel which should have been removed to allow access to the DVI port.

Is the monitor new or used? If used, you should probably sell it, or use an adapter to connect it to your system. If new, you need to raise some hell with Dell support.

This is the direct link to the Dell support page in the US, I don't know where you're located...

shanetemple14

Reputable
Nov 2, 2014
this is the 1909Wb i have the S1909WNF where the vga port on the pics you posted are is where ther is a vga port on mine but nothing else but the power supply port on the other side

is their anyone i can email from dell or anything like that

non-smoker pete

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2011
Thanks for providing that picture, I wanted to see if it looked as if someone had tampered with the monitor before you acquired it. From what I can see, that is a stock Dell monitor, unmodified.

Please look carefully at the bottom of the monitor, at the VGA port. Can you see a DVI connector being blocked by the plastic? I wonder if there is a plastic panel which should have been removed to allow access to the DVI port.

Is the monitor new or used? If used, you should probably sell it, or use an adapter to connect it to your system. If new, you need to raise some hell with Dell support.

This is the direct link to the Dell support page in the US, I don't know where you're located:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04?c=&l=&s=bsd?c=us

Best of luck with this, please let us know what you learn

Solution