[SOLVED] Please help with my first build!

Nov 19, 2019
Hey guys I'm planning on starting my own build in the next few weeks I've done abit of research and I have a build in mind i just wanna see what you guys think because I just dont really have much of a clue.
CPU - ryzen 5 3600 x
Motherboard - not sure..
GPU - rx radeon 5700 xt nitro (is this the best out of all the new radeon 5700 cards).
Ram - corsair vengeance 16gb or crucial ballistix sport 16gb (need opinions)
Storage - intel 660p series 1.02TB m.2-2280 NVME SSD.
Storage 2 - Western digital RE 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM internal hard drive.
Case - Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic ATX Full Tower ( not sure havnt looked into size and airflow etc.. but I love the look )
Power - seasonic focus plus gold 650w 80 gold certified

All adds up to roughly £1000 - £1100
Any advice will be very helpful as I'm very new to this and I just want the very best bang for buck thanks guys!

Solution
The XPG SX8200 Pro offers incredible performance for the price. Here in the US, 1TB = $120. Here's some benchmarks.

The Sapphire Pulse or Gigabyte Windforce are considered (by GamersNexus) to be the most balanced in terms of price and performance. That said, the Nitro does offer better cooling. Up to you to determine how much that's worth.

DDR4-3000 or DDR4-3200 RAM is fine.

I was just saying I think you're unlikely to notice any difference between a 5400/5900rpm hdd and a 7200rpm one for the way you (and most people) are using it.
Nov 19, 2019
Tennis what storage would you reccomend, and the second storage will basically be my main storage for anything other than games so I dont mind being abit overkill for speed, do you think I definitely dont need it? And am I making a good decision with the graphics card do you think? What do you thi k about the ram?

The XPG SX8200 Pro offers incredible performance for the price. Here in the US, 1TB = $120. Here's some benchmarks.

The Sapphire Pulse or Gigabyte Windforce are considered (by GamersNexus) to be the most balanced in terms of price and performance. That said, the Nitro does offer better cooling. Up to you to determine how much that's worth.

DDR4-3000 or DDR4-3200 RAM is fine.

I was just saying I think you're unlikely to notice any difference between a 5400/5900rpm hdd and a 7200rpm one for the way you (and most people) are using it.

Reactions: Epiczwolf
Solution
Nov 19, 2019
You've won me over with the xpg that's a great find I will definitely be getting that over the intel 660p, but does it matter that it's not nvme, excuse my ignorance lol. And okay what second storage do you suggest?

Nov 19, 2019
Okay good to know thanks, I still need help with everything else guys dont be afraid to tell me what I should be doing different, I've tried a few forums but theres not alot of help these days I feel stuck.

TRENDING THREADS