Please help with my GPU

jamweez

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
hi, i've just bought a new gpu, EVGA Gtx 1060, to replace my old AMd Radeon HD 6670, i've also upgraded my psu,
all the cables are in correctly,
i have looked everywhere online but am stuck at this point, i uninstalled my old gpu software and hardware, and turned the pc off, and put the new card in, connected it absolutly fine, but my pc wont go past the advent boot screen, and the keyboard doesn't work, i've tried all sorts but nothing works, can anyone help me please?

forgot to mention i have a Foxconn H16MXL-K motherboard if that helps, and i've tried to update the BIOS but have had no luck

Is your PSU of sufficient wattage? GPU connected to supplemental PCI-E graphics power from PSU?

(I'd be happier with 550 watt PSU than some no-name 400 watt, for example)

Motherboard must also be capable of supplying sufficient power via the PCI-e slot, approx 50-75 watts max...; some are not capable.

jamweez

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I bought a corsair 550w, the PCI-E is connected, I've checked everything's plugged in properly, also removed the battery, swapped the 3-pin jumper,

I might have to get a new motherboard, I couldn't tell you the PCI-E wattage?

Thanks

I've just checked on a pc-spec website that my motherboard is compatable with my gpu

New update i've just upgraded my bios to the newest available, but still no good :(

jamweez

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017
I have found the answer!! I spoke to the manufacturer and the Foxconn H61MXL-K, is basically dud tech, most new GPU's are not compatible, so I'm low looking to buy a new motherboard,
Hopefully this might help anyone else with the same problem.

Thunderballs

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014
Always a bit of a dilemma when your motherboard is the limiting factor. I ended up forking out more than my original board costs for an Ivybridge build - when something screwed up on the original board. suddenly the graphics card change is costing you double as you decide to go up a couple of generations on the cpu rather than fork out for a new but outdated motherboard.

jamweez

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017

Correct, right now looking at motherboard bundles, it's a bloody minefield, looks like I might be spending a min of £300

jamweez

Prominent
Jun 24, 2017

Thank, I've just bought a new one, spent more than I wanted, but it was needed, again thanks for looking into a new motherboard

Thunderballs

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2014

NPS.

A reason I keep 2 rigs now ...they go down ...you dont want to wait a week to get back up and running ...