• Case: Phanteks Eclipse P600S
  • MOBO: Z390 Aorus Ultra
  • GPU: Zotac 2080 Twin Fan
  • CPU: i7-9700K
  • Cooler: Cooler Master MasterLiquid RGB
  • RAM: TridentZ 16GB RGB
  • Storage: Corsair Force MP510 960GB
  • PSU: Seasonic FOCUS Plus 750W gold
I am planing on getting 5 Crosair ML120 Pro RGB fans and was wondering if they were okay for the case and the radiator since I heard I should be getting static pressure fans for the radiator and high airflow for the case. And the second question is can I sync all my RGB hardware with one software if I get an RGB controller or is there another way to do that since I don't want to get multiple programs just to sync my RGB. And the last question, can I turn off the light on the Zotac 2080 twin fan permanently since I did it in software but every time I boot my PC the light turns back on again. Thank you very much for reading this all, I would really appreciate it if I could figure these things out before I go out and buy the fans and an RGB controller.

Solution
Those are decent static pressure fans, but also deliver decent air flow too. They should be fine for both the case and rad, but won't give you the stellar performance of a Noctua . If you get one of the 3 packs and 2 single fans, you will have everything you need to control the RGB for all of them through the iCUE app. You will connect all of the fan's RGB cables to the hub in the picture and then connect the hub to the Lighting Node Pro. You will need to have 2x spare SATA power connections and one avaialble USB 2.0 header on the motherboard. One SATA power for the hub and one for the Lighting Node. The Lighting Node then connects to an unused USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.

EDIT: If you go with Corsair, their...

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Those are decent static pressure fans, but also deliver decent air flow too. They should be fine for both the case and rad, but won't give you the stellar performance of a Noctua . If you get one of the 3 packs and 2 single fans, you will have everything you need to control the RGB for all of them through the iCUE app. You will connect all of the fan's RGB cables to the hub in the picture and then connect the hub to the Lighting Node Pro. You will need to have 2x spare SATA power connections and one avaialble USB 2.0 header on the motherboard. One SATA power for the hub and one for the Lighting Node. The Lighting Node then connects to an unused USB 2.0 header on your motherboard.

EDIT: If you go with Corsair, their RGB connectors are proprietary and will not really allow you to mix and match other products in for control under one piece of management software. Also do not plug the corsair RGB connectors to your motherboard. The motherboards out there tend to have 12 volt RGB headers that will fry the 5 volt RGB LEDs in the corsair fans and LED strips.

mIxIPs1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: xBrownboy
Solution
Mar 20, 2019

EDIT: If you go with Corsair, their RGB connectors are proprietary and will not really allow you to mix and match other products in for control under one piece of management software. Also do not plug the corsair RGB connectors to your motherboard. The motherboards out there tend to have 12 volt RGB headers that will fry the 5 volt RGB LEDs in the corsair fans and LED strips.

mIxIPs1.jpg
Thank you very Much I appreciate the answer, it helped me a lot!

Darth Sicaedus

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Thank you very Much I appreciate the answer, it helped me a lot!

Not a problem, I just moved to a completely Corsair based RGB cooling setup to be able to control everything with a single app. I did a bit of research and figured that wasn't a bad route to go. I already have Corsair RGB RAM, Keyboard, Mouse, mouse pad and AIO Watercooler. Might as well switch to their RGB fans too. Makes coordinating the RGB a lot simpler.