[SOLVED] Please help with new monitor....SUPER Confused

Oct 20, 2020
I just bought a new gaming monitor and when I start my pc (plugged in via DisplayPort) I get signal for a moment and can enter bios, however, I just get “DisplayPort no signal” afterwards. I tried connecting the monitor to my friend’s pc (using the same cable) and it worked completely fine. So then I plugged my pc into an old monitor using the same DisplayPort cable (to check if my pc/gpu was the issue) and it also worked fine. I am now completely lost. I have absolutely no idea what to do. If anyone has any suggestions please let me know.

Oct 20, 2020
What is your GPU, what is the monitor, and which DisplayPort cable standard are you using?
I have a Radeon 5700 XT and my monitor is the new Asus Pg259qn. I know the monitor is g sync (I’m currently in the process of a 3080 build) but from everything I’ve read that shouldn’t prevent me from getting signal. I’m using the Asus DisplayPort cable that came with the monitor (I’m assuming it is DP 1.4 as the monitor has a 360hz refresh rate). I just don’t understand how it can work with another pc but not mine, but my pc works with other monitors (using same cable?!?!)