[SOLVED] Please help with overheating and lag while gaming ?

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
so I have a hp pavilion x360 and these are the specs:
8th gen intel core i7
16gb ram
nvdia mx250

so I played assasin's creed freedom cry at max settings and it did work but it started lagging little bit so I changed all the setting to low but when I did that the lag didn't stop and for some reason the laptop started heating up.
So can anyone help me with this?

Solution
If your X360 only has Intel integrated graphics (ie no discrete graphics card) it will struggle to play games, and it's heating up because the game is really pushing the laptop beyond what it was designed for. Being a very slim laptop is just adding to the heat issue. Your X360 wasn't aimed at gamers anyway (except the more expensive ones with Nvidia discrete GPU).
so I has a hp pavilion x360 and these are the specs
8th gen intel core i7
16gb ram
nvdia mx250
so I played assasin's creed freedom cry at max settings and it did work but it started lagging little bit so I changed all the setting to low but when I did that the lag didn't stop and for some reason the laptop started heating up.
So can anyone help me with this?
So MacBook converted to HP pavilion?

That's what laptops do. They overheat when they are used at high loads.
You can clear the airways of dust or any blockage, you can buy a cooling base with fan(s) or you can replace thermal paste with a higher quality one. Don't expect miracles.

If your X360 only has Intel integrated graphics (ie no discrete graphics card) it will struggle to play games, and it's heating up because the game is really pushing the laptop beyond what it was designed for. Being a very slim laptop is just adding to the heat issue. Your X360 wasn't aimed at gamers anyway (except the more expensive ones with Nvidia discrete GPU).

Solution

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
oh ok

9to5tech

Great
Jul 15, 2021
So MacBook converted to HP pavilion?

That's what laptops do. They overheat when they are used at high loads.
You can clear the airways of dust or any blockage, you can buy a cooling base with fan(s) or you can replace thermal paste with a higher quality one. Don't expect miracles.
the x360 is my fathers laptop