Please help with some BSODs

Martwix

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Alright, I have been having this stuff since last tuesday. Though with some of the stuff I found online (among which is this site!) I managed to make it all a bit more stable.
-did the Driver Dance (updated BIOS among things)
-scanned the whole thing with malwarebytes, clean.

System:
Dell Inspiron 17r SE (7720)
Intel i7 3rd gen something.
4gb (was 8 but I am fairly sure one of the RAM modules is borked as removing it increased stability somewhat)

Right now I thought I fixed the issue but the whole thing crashed while I was taking a shower.

most recent dumps:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/uuk3xowa6wd3nhc/dmp_28052016.rar?dl=0

Both times the offending driver acording to bluescreenview was ntoskrnl.exe

Usually happens when I have my browser open for a while, but occasionally it throws a fit immediately after rebooting from a previous BSOD.

Any help kindly appreciated :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
ntoskrnl gets blamed for heaps as ones of its jobs is to deal with driver requests. It stands for Net Technology Operating System Kernel. windows doesn't work real well without it.. if at all.

Did you run a program like Driver Booster to see if you missed anything? Kernel BSOD tend to be driver related mostly.

Martwix

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Yup, did that, was actually one of the first things I did.

*edit*
I'll give it another go, can't hurt I guess.

*Edit 2*
Rather than flat out tossing a Blue Screen at me I now got a graphical glitch before rebooting. Also, the Dell boot screen is saying something like "repairing disc errors, this can take more than an hour".

Martwix

Commendable
May 28, 2016
Sfc found nothing wrong. I'm gonna fiddle around a bit but I am strongly considering a Win 8 rollback...

*edit*
Which I apparantly cannot despite only having upgraded like two and a half weeks ago.

swapping the memory stick around seems to improve stability a little, also at startup before swapping them around so I got four consecutive (UEFI) beeps.
A quick google tells me that is a memory failure, considering the thing has yet to crash with the memory stick in this slot...