[SOLVED] Please help with this backlight bleed. (UPDATE MONITOR IS HEALING !) AOC 24G2U/BK

Nov 23, 2020
The monitor is:

aoc 24g2u

I read all the information I could find about this. It seems to be due to pressure in my case as when I push a little bit on the bright spots brightness seem to flex. also when I push the plastic edge of the screen it seems to be more uniform. The problem is only noticable while the monitor is showing black scenes. Otherwise you dont see its affect. What should I do ? I know replacing it is a painful process and it does not guarantee a better lottery. Other than this the monitor does not have any problems like flickering dead pixels etc. I reduced the brightness to 35. It does not make much change. When I turn on the lights in the room it is much better but still noticable. When I take a photo with my phone it shows better how bad it is...

I1Q2k2c.jpg

XdZuBh7.jpg

Is it way too bad ?

Last edited:
Solution

This is 5th day after usage... The backlight pattern is changing... The oval shape in the middle disappeared and dark and white colors are mixing to uniformity. Taking a photo exposes the image make it look much brighter and blue. It seems a bit more different.

man I thought you already returned it ... this is a disaster bleeding not even acceptable.
Nov 23, 2020
Please give me an advise. This is second day of purchase. SHould I keep it. I mean it looks way worse in these photos than how really is (only black screens). Like I said monitor has no other defects which takes me to logic that if I replace this maybe I get sth with annoying dead pixel or worse. I have also found out that when I push the back of the monitor from the corners backlight bleed seem to diminish. This leads me to the idea that the central board control module or whatever is screwed too tightly to the monitor as there is an horizontal oval shape in the middle of the monitor. Maybe it will get loose in time ?

Nov 23, 2020
Return it ASAP . this is ALOT of bleeding.

I applied for a replacement. Then I read a comment on amazon about this monitor. A guy replaced it 4 times and it came with different problems. Best unit he had was with backlight bleed like mine. I dont know how bad was his. Anyway he said he wished he had kept the first one because others had worst stuff like dead pixels etc.

Other than that my monitor shows some signs of healing. The oval shape in the middle seems to dissipate. I dont know if this has to do with the daily screen massages I do but in general the quality for the price is excellent. In most games I dont see this backlight bleed as I dont look at full black screen all the time however my fav game elite dangerous has all blacks due to being in space and it is visible there.

I will give this monitor a chance. Using it in full brightness for it to get warmer... Maybe that is helping with healing.

I will post an update of the healing soon with photos. I think lots of people might be interested.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019
I applied for a replacement. Then I read a comment on amazon about this monitor. A guy replaced it 4 times and it came with different problems. Best unit he had was with backlight bleed like mine. I dont know how bad was his. Anyway he said he wished he had kept the first one because others had worst stuff like dead pixels etc.

Other than that my monitor shows some signs of healing. The oval shape in the middle seems to dissipate. I dont know if this has to do with the daily screen massages I do but in general the quality for the price is excellent. In most games I dont see this backlight bleed as I dont look at full black screen all the time however my fav game elite dangerous has all blacks due to being in space and it is visible there.

I will give this monitor a chance. Using it in full brightness for it to get warmer... Maybe that is helping with healing.

I will post an update of the healing soon with photos. I think lots of people might be interested.

What healing ? this is the backlight escaping the edges of the screen. it will not heal

Nov 23, 2020
What healing ? this is the backlight escaping the edges of the screen. it will not heal
I think you might have a point here. It is probably my eyes getting used to the defect and ignoring it.

I also saw this View: https://imgur.com/r/Monitors/g8hl8Aj
This guy claims his blight bleed healed

And this guy too 27 inch version of my same pannel.. bleed looks like to have a very similar pattern to mine with oval shape in center.
View: https://www.reddit.com/r/Monitors/comments/fnrwtn/ips_glowbacklight_bleeding_issues_on_aoc_27g2u/

Last edited:
Nov 23, 2020

This is 5th day after usage... The backlight pattern is changing... The oval shape in the middle disappeared and dark and white colors are mixing to uniformity. Taking a photo exposes the image make it look much brighter and blue. It seems a bit more different.

nofanneeded

Respectable
Sep 29, 2019

man I thought you already returned it ... this is a disaster bleeding not even acceptable.

Solution