Please help with this darn add/remove components mess;(

When I try to add Fax Services as an XP Home SP 2 windows component in the
add/remove control panel, I get a prompt for file fxsapi.dll. I can see the
file in C:\Windows\Service Pack Files\i386 but this setup routine says it
can't find it even when I point it to it. After I hit retry many times I try
the other solution it asks for- which is to insert the windows xp home
service pack 2 CD-ROM. I do that and it says it can't find the file on the
CD either.

I've also tried removing MSN and it says it can't find certain files to
remove MSN either. What is corrupted? Service Pack 2? I have 3 other XP
computers and never had this problem before.

When I point it to C:\windows\system32\ , I receive the same copy error box
which says "Setup cannot copy the file fxsapi.dll"

"Ensure the location specified below is correct, or change it and insert
"Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 CD" in the drive you specify"- so I
put in the CD and it still can't read the file which is on the CD as plain
as day. ;(

Copy files from:
"C:\Windows\system32\"

And my choices are "Retry" "Cancel" or "Browse" {I see the file fxsapi.dll
in that system32 folder, yet it won't copy it for some reason when I keep
hitting "Retry")

When I do a search, I have 4 occurances of fxsapi.dll:
a. C:\Windows\system32\fxsapi.dll
b. C:\Windows\LastGood\system32\fxsapi.dll
c. C:\Windows\ServicePackFiles\i386\fxsapi.dll
d C:\Windows\\system32\dllcache\fxsapi.dll

I point the copy error box to each of these 4 fxsapi.dll files and it still
says it can't copy them.

I have a folder called C:\Windows\Software Distribution with 6 sub-folders
in it but no instance of fxsapi.dll in any of the 6 sub-folders.

Maybe the cd is corrupt.

Order Windows XP Service Pack 2 on CD:
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/updates/sp2/cdorder/en_us/default.mspx

--