Please help! XPpro Asus Geforce4Ti4800 makes Sony Monitor ..

castle

Hello there,

Hope you guys can give me a solution here.

I upgraded my computer and my software over the weekend and a few
things stuffed up.

My system specs - ASUS Geforce4Ti4800SE V9480, Sony Trinitron
Multiscan 100sf monitor, WindowsXPpro, P4 3.0G, Asus P4800S
motherboard, Samsung 1G RAM, Mirage 500w powersupply etc.. and using
the Asus 52.16 driver.

My problem is that the screen doesn't look as sharp as it did when I
was on Win2k. Its looks a little blurry. I did not notice it initially
but after 5 mins my eyes start to hurt. I got the Nvidia force refresh
rate upto 85h. But no diff.

XP claims that my monitor is a Sony CPD100sf - not a Multiscan 100sf.
My previous OS- Windows2k recognized it though.

I tried downloading the driver from Sony but they don't stock it
anymore.

Please help.

Crimson

castle

crimson_castle@hotmail.com (Castle) wrote in message

I should also mention that I did go to the Sony website and tried to
download the inf driver for the monitor but the only thing that came
up with a windows95 exe file.

"Castle" <crimson_castle@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello there,
>
> Hope you guys can give me a solution here.
>
> I upgraded my computer and my software over the weekend and a few
> things stuffed up.
>
> My system specs - ASUS Geforce4Ti4800SE V9480, Sony Trinitron
> Multiscan 100sf monitor, WindowsXPpro, P4 3.0G, Asus P4800S
> motherboard, Samsung 1G RAM, Mirage 500w powersupply etc.. and using
> the Asus 52.16 driver.
>
> My problem is that the screen doesn't look as sharp as it did when I
> was on Win2k. Its looks a little blurry. I did not notice it initially
> but after 5 mins my eyes start to hurt. I got the Nvidia force refresh
> rate upto 85h. But no diff.
>
> XP claims that my monitor is a Sony CPD100sf - not a Multiscan 100sf.
> My previous OS- Windows2k recognized it though.
>
> I tried downloading the driver from Sony but they don't stock it
> anymore.
>
> Please help.
>
> Crimson

Had similar on my new laptop with Xp - wortha try.
Display properties > appearance > effects. "Method for smoothing edge of
screen fonts" = standard

HTH JonMaC