Please help! YouTube crazy lag in Google Chrome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 5, 2014
Okay let me get a few things clarified here at the start:
-It is not my internet speed, all other websites work fast (including other sites that have videos unless they are embedded YouTube videos. I got 76.68 Mbps download and 12.18 Mbps upload from speedtest.net.
-It is not my PC specs, I have a very high-end computer.
-This problem ONLY occurs in Google Chrome.
-I tried YouTube in incognito and it works smoothly...

It's just that since around yesterday all YouTube videos started to not buffer as fast as they used to, I can't even watch them on the lowest quality possible! Before I was able to watch 1080p 60FPS videos with no lag or buffering problems whatsoever!
I ran CCleaner to see if that fixed anything but it didn't. I've also had this problem before and it used to just go away by itself, however it's been here for a few days now this time.

Nov 5, 2014

Did this, still laggy...
(Disabled them all)

Nov 5, 2014

How do you clear chrome cache? I used MS Edge and it works fine...

Edit: I cleared Chrome cashe and browser history and also used CCleaner to be sure. Still as laggy as ever...

The lag is a glitch, I'm lagging at 144p when I was able to preload a 20min video at 1080p 60 FPS instantaneously .

Nov 5, 2014

Still doesn't help at all. Sorry, I'll try a few more things on my own. If you have any more ideas, please say something! Anything helps!

Ayushchinmay

Commendable
Aug 15, 2016

Hey! So I saw your problem, I was having the same problem until 2minutes ago, I figured out that the flash player, or cache or google chrome version isnt the culprit... Try closing a tab that seems to be using too much data, as in try using just one tab and playing a youtube video.

That was the case for me. I had like 7 youtube tabs and 3 DRTV tabs which were using a lot of data, i tried everything, but the videos stilled lagged as hell. Finally whn i closed the 3 DRTV tabs, the youtube videos miraculously stopped lagging and played normally.

So in conclusion, try closing other tabs while playing youtube vids

Status
Not open for further replies.