PLEASE HELP!!!

G

I accendentally uninstalled my ESS Sound Driver (it was a mistake) and, of course now I dont have any sound which is a pain. I am wondering how do i get it back? I have tried to search for a new driver under C:\Windows\Options\Cabs but it comes up empty, what do I do?

I have a ES1989 Allegro and I would like my sound back. Also, I have tried to download the latest driver, but when I go to install it, I get an error.

Please help me get my sound back.

Thanks.

G

Go to Settings-->control panel-->add/remove programs, and remove anything related to your sound card (if there's anything). Next go to Settings-->control panel-->system-->Device Manager-->Sound, video and game controllers. Right-click on all your sound card stuff and click on remove. Once you remove all of it, reboot, and windows should start auto-detecting new hardware for your sound card. When it asks, point the hardware wizard to where you've unpacked the drivers, and hope for the best. If that doesn't work, you'll probably have to format and reinstall windows again. I use norton ghost images now so that process is less painful. :)

<font color=red>=P