[SOLVED] Please help!

May 11, 2019
View: https://youtu.be/j7TudjwXS74

This is a video that shows what happens whenever I boot up my computer. This same process happens multiple times until I physically unplug the PSU. After I unplug it I wait until that white light on my GPU turns off then plug it back in wait for my keyboard to light up then turn it on. The cycle of off and on repeats around 4 times then it will finally boot. Any and all help would be appreciated! (I think it is either an issue with mobo or psu)

System Specs:
Ryzen 7 1700
ASROCK Fatal1ty x370 gaming k4 motherboard
Corsair Dominator Platinum 3000 MHz
ASUS Strix GTX 1070
2 TB Seagate Barracuda HD
Samsung 250gb 860 evo
EVGA 750w 80+ Bronze Power Supply
Windows 10 Home 64 bit

Last edited:
Solution
Do you have any OC on? If so - clear your CMOS (leave out for 1 minute then put back in)

I'm curious about the F9 on your Dr Debug LED as this is when it seems to loop. If i recall correctly the F9 is usually a RAM problem - but can't be 100% certain on that board -

I also can't see your RAM on the QVL (but this is common). I'd be tempted to try a different RAM module in a different slot and see if the issue reoccurs, and then I'd be tempted to try an entirely new RAM module that is definitely on the QVL. But assuming you have used the PC with this RAM previously and this is just a new problem?

Boot loops can be indicative of a power issue also.

However there is no reference to F9 code in your motherboard manual - so as a broad...

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Is this a new build or an older build just with a new problem?
Have you got latest BIOS installed?

This can be a multitude of things really. Do you still get the same issue if you breadboard the PC? I.e. remove all non-essentials and just run CPU, Cooler, MB, PSU, 1 stick of RAM?

May 11, 2019
Is this a new build or an older build just with a new problem?
Have you got the latest BIOS installed?

This can be a multitude of things really. Do you still get the same issue if you breadboard the PC? I.e. remove all non-essentials and just run CPU, Cooler, MB, PSU, 1 stick of RAM?
what do I do know?

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Do you have any OC on? If so - clear your CMOS (leave out for 1 minute then put back in)

I'm curious about the F9 on your Dr Debug LED as this is when it seems to loop. If i recall correctly the F9 is usually a RAM problem - but can't be 100% certain on that board -

I also can't see your RAM on the QVL (but this is common). I'd be tempted to try a different RAM module in a different slot and see if the issue reoccurs, and then I'd be tempted to try an entirely new RAM module that is definitely on the QVL. But assuming you have used the PC with this RAM previously and this is just a new problem?

However there is no reference to F9 code in your motherboard manual - so as a broad sweep i would follow every single step in this guide: Link

Reactions: LCL_2nd
Solution
May 11, 2019

I'm curious about the F9 on your Dr Debug LED as this is when it seems to loop. If I recall correctly the F9 is usually a RAM problem - but can't be 100% certain on that board -

However there is no reference to F9 code in your motherboard manual - so as a broad sweep I would follow every single step in this guide: Link
I had a ram Overclock that was too much for the amount of voltage I was giving it.

Reactions: PC Tailor

TRENDING THREADS