Question Please help !!

Jul 26, 2019
Hello, hope you can help me and the wife, with our old computer running on Gas HeHe ....Windows XP, its a fair age now, but its a true work horse, up till now lol it keeps crashing, leaving Green lines and on start up the cursor freezes badly ...... The computer works like a ww1 work horse, & untill now has never let us down, we have dusted all the inside as usual and clean the inner trash on a regular basis. thinking overheating cpuld be the cause ? i hope its nothing nasty my wife would break her heart , she loves her games although i think they could be the computers downfall. graphic card maybe ?
.........hope you can help us as you have in the past, thanks for that, i have to leave now as my parkinsons disease is catching me up lol
Please Take Care, & Be Very Safe
Thanks Peopes ((cwtchs))..........((Big Hugs))

Last edited:
Reactions: davidstreet

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Please post your entire system spec including PSU make and model.

Could you also elaborate on the exact symptoms you are experiencing? If it is graphical problems, your GPU could be on it's way out, or the PSU could be failing to power it.

Random freezing can be anything from RAM, to Storage, to drivers, to PSU etc. So it's just eliminating the possibilities.

Can you confirm if any of the issues occur in safe mode?

Hello, hope you can help me and the wife, with our old computer running on Gas HeHe ....Windows XP, its a fair age now, but its a true work horse, up till now lol it keeps crashing, leaving Green lines and on start up the cursor freezes badly ...... The computer works like a ww1 work horse, & untill now has never let us down, we have dusted all the inside as usual and clean the inner trash on a regular basis. thinking overheating cpuld be the cause ? i hope its nothing nasty my wife would break her heart , she loves her games although i think they could be the computers downfall. graphic card maybe ?
.........hope you can help us as you have in the past, thanks for that, i have to leave now as my parkinsons disease is catching me up lol
Please Take Care, & Be Very Safe
Thanks Peopes ((cwtchs))..........((Big Hugs))
Hahaha nothing to worry dear its an old version so some times it happens. Tell me some particulars of your system then I will be able to help you out.