[SOLVED] Please help.

Jul 26, 2019
Keep it to 1 thread
So, i want to upgrade my Ram to corsair vengeance pro, and also im thinking about changing my case fans to corsair rgb. My PC was a prebuilt from a company called STORMFORCE GAMING.

I want to know if me changing the Ram and maybe fans will void my 3 year warranty.

I have a asus prime a320m-k motherboard and im thinking of upgrading my RAM and CASE FANS. #
Im thinking of upgrading the Ram too 16gb 3200 Corsair vengeance Pro RGB.
And changing my case fans too Corsair RGB LL series, Mainly because them both being corsair will be easier for them to sync in icue and look good etc.
I want to know if this motherboard is capable of supporting 3200.
AND also if it'll easy to change the fans and Ram as ive never done this before. Ram seems easy enough, install then edit in BIOS.
I think the rbg fans will have to be installed using the Corsair light node PRO as im pretty sure the motherboard has no rgb support/header. I also dont want to mess up the cable management.

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
Yeah i understand you, thanks :) One of my thoughts was that changing the fans would totally change the appearance of the pc and therefore affect the warranty. :)

They're not warranting the 'look', strictly speaking.

I wouldn't advocate sending it in for warranty service (if you had to) with the new fans/RAM - that'll likely raise more questions/take more time. However, even if you did, unless they could state definitively that the upgrades you performed are causing the issue or damaged a component they provided, it shouldn't impact the warranty of, say the motherboard or CPU.

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Ask them. They may warranty everything else that they did/supplied and not the ram or any ram related issues or they may void the entire thing, that's kinda upto them. You may be able to upgrade ram/fans if purchased from them and still keep the warranty, that's entirely upto them though.

Sorry.

Jul 26, 2019
Ask them. They may warranty everything else that they did/supplied and not the ram or any ram related issues or they may void the entire thing, that's kinda upto them. You may be able to upgrade ram/fans if purchased from them and still keep the warranty, that's entirely upto them though.

Sorry.

.. How can i ask them though because emails take a long time, and i need to know today due to deals..

Jul 26, 2019
So, i want to upgrade my Ram to corsair vengeance pro, and also im thinking about changing my case fans to corsair rgb. My PC was a prebuilt from a company called STORMFORCE GAMING.

I want to know if me changing the Ram and maybe fans will void my 3 year warranty. Or if you think it will.
I need to know ASAP due to deals being on the items, therefore i cant email the company.
Thanks

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You shouldn't void any warranty provided you can ship them the product they provided you (so potentially putting the RAM and fans back as it was to begin with).... That is unlikely though.

It depends on their terms of warranty - and I'd suggest you refer to them.

They won't provide any warranty/troubleshooting on the new products of course - and they may be a little tougher to deal with, but I would fully expect the Magnuson Moss Act to apply (or similar, depending on your location).

The only time I could see it being a potential hiccup is if the parts you upgrade to cause damage to the parts you expect warranty on (and you actually run into a situation where you need to claim under the warranty).

Jul 26, 2019
You shouldn't void any warranty provided you can ship them the product they provided you (so potentially putting the RAM and fans back as it was to begin with).... That is unlikely though.

It depends on their terms of warranty - and I'd suggest you refer to them.

They won't provide any warranty/troubleshooting on the new products of course - and they may be a little tougher to deal with, but I would fully expect the Magnuson Moss Act to apply (or similar, depending on your location).

The only time I could see it being a potential hiccup is if the parts you upgrade to cause damage to the parts you expect warranty on (and you actually run into a situation where you need to claim under the warranty).

Yeah i understand you, thanks :) One of my thoughts was that changing the fans would totally change the appearance of the pc and therefore affect the warranty. :)

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

I wouldn't advocate sending it in for warranty service (if you had to) with the new fans/RAM - that'll likely raise more questions/take more time. However, even if you did, unless they could state definitively that the upgrades you performed are causing the issue or damaged a component they provided, it shouldn't impact the warranty of, say the motherboard or CPU.

Solution
Jul 26, 2019

So ill be fine with getting the new parts, but if i ever need to send it in for warranty then return it back to original parts. Also is it hard to change the fans, as this is something ive never done before and dont want to mess up the cable management etc.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
It's not 'hard' to replace fans in general, no.

Might be a little tougher depending on how they've routed the fans & secured the cabling (if it all).
For example, if there's a length of cables zip-tied in the back of the case ,you may have to cut the zip tie, freeing other cables that may be routed in the same channel.

Beyond that, it's a matter of disconnecting from the motherboard & unscrewing the fans.... then reversing the process* with the new ones (although there will be some added cable management with the RGB controller).

*I suspect you probably connect the new fans to the controller, then a single connection to the MB, but not 100% sure on that.

Jul 26, 2019
It's not 'hard' to replace fans in general, no.

Might be a little tougher depending on how they've routed the fans & secured the cabling (if it all).
For example, if there's a length of cables zip-tied in the back of the case ,you may have to cut the zip tie, freeing other cables that may be routed in the same channel.

Beyond that, it's a matter of disconnecting from the motherboard & unscrewing the fans.... then reversing the process* with the new ones (although there will be some added cable management with the RGB controller).

*I suspect you probably connect the new fans to the controller, then a single connection to the MB, but not 100% sure on that.

Greatly appreciate all the help, but also do you think i should upgrade the GPU (GTX 1060 6GB). My monitor is curved 75hz, and my CPU is Ryzen 5 2500X.