Question Please help!

Dec 10, 2019
Hi this is my first post but it is super important to me.
Parts list
Zotac gtx970
Asus prime 470xpro motherboard
2 8gb sticks ddr4 ram rgb trident
Ssd 240gb Samsung
Not sure PSU brand have to check at home

The issue I am having is the computer I have is fully complete and working for about 4 minutes and as soon as the graphics card needs to push anything like opening a game or opening a YouTube video. Or even sitting for 4 or 5 minutes the screen goes off and the graphics card stops working and I get blank screen it stops sending output to the tv but the graphics card fans seem to still run on low. So what I need to know is... Is my power supply the cause of this I've had it for almost 8 years and the fan on it has stopped working. Also definitely not overheating I get to about 39 40 degrees celcius from what I could see in nzxt before it turns off and not overclocked. Can anyone please help me out

Dec 10, 2019
What PSU is it? Need a make, model and wattage for it.
I am currently at work but I will take a look as soon as I can. the description of it is it has three 3 led functions red light green light blue light and is actually has a button on the back to change the color of it. I couldn't even find it on pc part picker so I have to go to my crawlspace and get the old box

Dec 10, 2019
I am currently at work but I will take a look as soon as I can. the description of it is it has three 3 led functions red light green light blue light and is actually has a button on the back to change the color of it. I couldn't even find it on pc part picker so I have to go to my crawlspace and get the old box
Also n
There should be a sticker on the PSU itself. Honestly is sounds like a low quality and old PSU which most likely is the problem.

If you need help finding a new PSU use https://www.gamingscan.com/psu-hierarchy/

I would stick to tier 2 and above.
SOLVED!!! i retook a look at some of the case wiring i had done on the deepcool matrexx 70 and it turned out the case fan i accidentaly pluggd into itself creating i think an endless energy need so when i re routed and re did all my cables it worked and i was successfully able to run benchmark and play games. thanks so much for all the help and advice everyone