[SOLVED] Please help!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Hi there, I am having problem with my new PC which I have built.

Specs:-
Intel Core I7-9700K
Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Master(latest Bios)
Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 Super
Hyperx 8GB×1 RAM 3200Mhz
WD blue 1 TB HDD and 240 GB SSD

I am getting automatic Repair could not repair your PC after every 2-5 boots and then I have to again clean install Windows.

Sometimes I am able to boot in safe mode but not every time.
So I have able to get SrtFile while having this issue.
Link-https://drive.google.com/file/d/14lWxu1PvZbSBDgRkwbddgsLxixBilJmX/view?usp=drivesdk

I think it is an hardware issue but not able to gess what's the problem.
So please help.
IF YOU HAVE ANY SUGGESTIONS FEEL FREE TO GIVE. HELP IS APPRECIATED.

Reactions: TejasAnand
Solution
I assumed this was PC in sig which shows a Corsair PSU?

If it is indeed the Circle Gaming 750w, it could be the cause of the GPU problems as its not a well known brand and may not actually supply that 750watt. You need way better than that for the system

Circle Gaming APFC Modular 750 Watt 80 Plus - from what I can find, its marketed at entry lvl systems, a PC with a 2080 isn't entry lvl :)

Its Plus white (which is the most basic - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus#Efficiency_level_certifications ). I would have a gold or better with that system. And from a better known maker like Seasonic (for example) that can supply the power it says it can.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
its only 6 months old... that decay rate sounds too high.

Does the dashboard say drive is okay for that many? does it let you run a SMART scan?
try running HD Sentinel and look at SMART scores - https://www.hdsentinel.com/hard_disk_sentinel_trial.php

mine for instance
Ampq5Oz.jpg
Ok, first of all I tried HD Sentinal and smart scores are OK. And also in dashboard all things are ok.
I tried some experiments on my PC and found something strange:-
I have done two things and my PC was not having problem even once. The thing which I have done is :- INSTALLED OS ON HDD AND REMOVED GPU. All goes perfect until I reinstalled GPU. After I installed GPU the problem continues.
BUT,
It is not actually a problem. Why? :- When the blue screen appears written with "YOUR PC DID NOT STARTED CORRECTLY" and a option to restart the PC, I simply click restart and Windows boot perfectly. I also checked SrtTrail file in which I found root cause:-0.

So my Question is:- Is my GPU the cause of this problem?
If yes then what?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Do you get str trail errors and then after a restart it works? or do you only get them when it doesn't work?

Have you tried turning fast start up off - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html as if it boots fine after a restart, it might be an old driver that doesn't like the win 10 power modes, although your PC appears fairly new. Since your boot drive is an ssd, you shouldn't need it anyway.

Try running driver view - all it does is look at drivers. It won't install them.
If you do run it, go into view tab and set it to hide microsoft drivers. it will reduce size of the list
Look at creation dates and see what oldest drivers are - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html - anything oldest than 2016 iis possible cause, anything oldesr than JUne 2015 is too old for win 10.

Its possible its a driver that is installed auto by windows each time, trying to help. Drivers older than 2015 aren't designed to cope with fast startup. Win 10 pc by default aren't off when you shutdown, they are asleep. It uses a hybred hibernate modes to copy open drivers + kernel into ram at shutdown so at startup its already half loaded. This speeds boot on HDD but it messes with old drivers and can cause all sorts of problems. If you on SSD< its already fast enough that you don't need the boost.

Main reason I don't use fast startup is if you unplug PC after shutdown, it loses all the data in memory and may corrupt other files. As I get storms during summer, its just easier to run without it.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Do you get str trail errors and then after a restart it works? or do you only get them when it doesn't work?
I get Srttrail file every time even when restarting solves the problem and even when it does not solve.
The difference is only that when my PC boots CORRECTLY after restarting, it gives Number of root cause found =0. But when restarting does not help it gives number of root cause= 1 as mentioned in early posts.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

Have you tried turning fast start up off - https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html as if it boots fine after a restart, it might be an old driver that doesn't like the win 10 power modes, although your PC appears fairly new. Since your boot drive is an ssd, you shouldn't need it anyway.

Try running driver view - all it does is look at drivers. It won't install them.
If you do run it, go into view tab and set it to hide microsoft drivers. it will reduce size of the list
Look at creation dates and see what oldest drivers are - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html - anything oldest than 2016 iis possible cause, anything oldesr than JUne 2015 is too old for win 10.

Its possible its a driver that is installed auto by windows each time, trying to help. Drivers older than 2015 aren't designed to cope with fast startup. Win 10 pc by default aren't off when you shutdown, they are asleep. It uses a hybred hibernate modes to copy open drivers + kernel into ram at shutdown so at startup its already half loaded. This speeds boot on HDD but it messes with old drivers and can cause all sorts of problems. If you on SSD< its already fast enough that you don't need the boost.

Main reason I don't use fast startup is if you unplug PC after shutdown, it loses all the data in memory and may corrupt other files. As I get storms during summer, its just easier to run without it.
My fast start up is off because no need.
I think my drivers are not old as much I know. I have Windows 10 1909 November version and latest graphics drivers. But I didn't installed any chipset and other drivers because I was thinking that drivers may be the cause of this issue

Colif

Win 11 Master
So is it always the strtrail.txt result always the same error?
Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 3b. Parameters = 0xc0000005, 0xfffff803366e7de0, 0xffff8000ea3ee930, 0x0.

I misread that..
System service exception. That is a BSOD, you should be getting dump files.
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

it may still have same answer, run SFC/DISM although I see from log files you already have run DISM.
Perhaps we see what dumps show after next time you get error.

Last edited:

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
Yes, if restarting does not help.(if restarting helped to solve the problem then no error code)
And one more thing,
I have saw in many graphics card that if something is abnormal then there is a light blinking which shows the problem. But in my Graphics card i did not know whether this feature is available or not but i always see something blinking in my graphics card.
See this Video.

Colif

Win 11 Master
So which Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super is it, who makes it? Nvidia designed chips but in most cases someone else puts them together?

My Asus card which isn't an rtx 2080 has led on it near the 6 or 8 pin power connectionns that are meant to be a solid color all time and if they blinking it might mean they not getting a solid power connection on that connection. I had a problem like that 4 years ago. I don't know what you have, that was just an example of what light might be. Or it could be nothing, but If you tell me who made card, I can go look.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So which Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 Super is it, who makes it? Nvidia designed chips but in most cases someone else puts them together?

My Asus card which isn't an rtx 2080 has led on it near the 6 or 8 pin power connectionns that are meant to be a solid color all time and if they blinking it might mean they not getting a solid power connection on that connection. I had a problem like that 4 years ago. I don't know what you have, that was just an example of what light might be. Or it could be nothing, but If you tell me who made card, I can go look.
mine is Zotac Gaming. but i cant find anywhere that blinking light shows problem

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
So is it always the strtrail.txt result always the same error?
Unknown Bugcheck: Bugcheck 3b. Parameters = 0xc0000005, 0xfffff803366e7de0, 0xffff8000ea3ee930, 0x0.

I misread that..
System service exception. That is a BSOD, you should be getting dump files.
Can you follow option one on the following link - here - and then do this step below: Small memory dumps - Have Windows Create a Small Memory Dump (Minidump) on BSOD - that creates a file in c windows/minidump after the next BSOD
copy that file to documents
upload the copy from documents to a file sharing web site, and share the link in your thread so we can help fix the problem

it may still have same answer, run SFC/DISM although I see from log files you already have run DISM.
Perhaps we see what dumps show after next time you get error.
i have not getting any BSOD till now. so no dump files. i am only getting automatic repair tool cant repair your pc and then i have to reinstall windows.

Colif

Win 11 Master

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

Colif

Win 11 Master
OKay, I believe you. just trying to figure out whats causing it to repeat the same errors over multiple installs.

Next time you reinstall win 10, only have bare minimum hardware attached, nothing unessential.
So CPU, ssd, ram & motherboard. See if you can run on bare minimum without anything extra and figure out if you still get same problems.

But in my Graphics card i did not know whether this feature is available or not but i always see something blinking in my graphics card.

Re the blue light
Blinking blue light
Hey my zotac rtx 2080 is blinking blue light what does it means ?
A: It means it’s running properly. A solid blue light indicates an issue.
reddit link

So that is normal.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
OKay, I believe you. just trying to figure out whats causing it to repeat the same errors over multiple installs.

Next time you reinstall win 10, only have bare minimum hardware attached, nothing unessential.
So CPU, ssd, ram & motherboard. See if you can run on bare minimum without anything extra and figure out if you still get same problems.

Re the blue light

reddit link

So that is normal.
Ok thanks for you reply.
I will try it and report it to you.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

Re the blue light

reddit link

So that is normal.
Ok I have reinstalled Windows after removing HHD and Graphics card and used my PC for 2 weeks. I got no problem even once. All is working fine till now.

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

Re the blue light

reddit link

So that is normal.
Now I am sure that my GPU is causing the issue but can't figure out ACTUAL problem which my GPU is creating.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I was forced into an afk state by a heatwave + a bushfire threatening my city. Everything almost normal again now.

Have you tried any benchmarks as they are the best way to test GPU.

try these 2 (not at same time)
https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

they at least tell us GPU is healthy.

SrtTrail.txt BSOD error may be caused by the corrupted software installed, it can also be related to hardware issues such as incompatible hardware implementation or power supply overload

Below is a list of the possible causes:

1. Installing corrupt software
  2. Hardware issues (such as a power supply overload or implementing incompatible hardware)
  3. Malware infection that causes corruption in Windows Registry

https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-srttrail-txt-bsod-error-win10/

Did you use same installer each time? Unlikely its the windows installer... And reason 3 is unlikely over multiple installs.

could be a dud GPU

Last edited:

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020
I was forced into an afk state by a heatwave + a bushfire threatening my city. Everything almost normal again now.

Have you tried any benchmarks as they are the best way to test GPU.

try these 2 (not at same time)
https://geeks3d.com/furmark/

https://benchmark.unigine.com/heaven

they at least tell us GPU is healthy.

SrtTrail.txt BSOD error may be caused by the corrupted software installed, it can also be related to hardware issues such as incompatible hardware implementation or power supply overload

Below is a list of the possible causes:

1. Installing corrupt software
  2. Hardware issues (such as a power supply overload or implementing incompatible hardware)
  3. Malware infection that causes corruption in Windows Registry
https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-srttrail-txt-bsod-error-win10/

Did you use same installer each time? Unlikely its the windows installer... And reason 3 is unlikely over multiple installs.

could be a dud GPU
Its good to hear that everything is normal now.
Yes, I use same bootable Pendrive ever time. But if I remove GPU, all goes perfect and have no issues.
I have done many bench test and got good results.
Done UserBenchmark and got 89th percentile, which is a good one.
Tested with many games and all are working perfectly and smoothly with temp less then 50°C(CPU and GPU).

Now, I think that problem is solved automatically because I have installed GPU for more than 4 days and all is perfect.
One more thing, I have mostly doubt on my PSU. My PSU is Circle Gaming 750W.

Colif

Win 11 Master

If it is indeed the Circle Gaming 750w, it could be the cause of the GPU problems as its not a well known brand and may not actually supply that 750watt. You need way better than that for the system

Circle Gaming APFC Modular 750 Watt 80 Plus - from what I can find, its marketed at entry lvl systems, a PC with a 2080 isn't entry lvl :)

Its Plus white (which is the most basic - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/80_Plus#Efficiency_level_certifications ). I would have a gold or better with that system. And from a better known maker like Seasonic (for example) that can supply the power it says it can.

Solution

Abhinav2005

Reputable
Jan 1, 2020

I am sorry , is actually circle gaming. Its misprint on my sig. Then ok i would try to have a PSU soon.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Putting your PSU with your system is like a ticking time bomb. Its only a matter of time. High end parts need better power than just an almost unknown PSU. I couldn't find any reviews for it from any sites I would trust. Thats normally a bad sign.