Mar 2, 2020
Hi! This ones a bit of a stupid question I imagine but I am new to the world of pcs...
My brother bought a new cpu cooler and because I’ve only just built mine and it’s nothing special I only have a small trashy cooler, he asked me if I want to have his (this would save me a lot of patience and money) but I want to know if it would fit my motherboard without going through the process of taking everything out etc...
(Finally the question!) the cooler is for AMD4 sockets and mine is an AMD3+, will it still fit? Thanks in advance, Tom

Solution
Hi! This ones a bit of a stupid question I imagine but I am new to the world of pcs...
My brother bought a new cpu cooler and because I’ve only just built mine and it’s nothing special I only have a small trashy cooler, he asked me if I want to have his (this would save me a lot of patience and money) but I want to know if it would fit my motherboard without going through the process of taking everything out etc...
(Finally the question!) the cooler is for AMD4 sockets and mine is an AMD3+, will it still fit? Thanks in advance, Tom

The ONLY way this could work is if the cooler uses a clip style attachment, those are the same between AM4 and AM3+

See the clip hook on the side here...

Rogue Leader

It's a trap!

The ONLY way this could work is if the cooler uses a clip style attachment, those are the same between AM4 and AM3+

See the clip hook on the side here:

615uW1DbLVL._AC_SX425_.jpg

If it doesnt have that (and or you don't have the corresponding mounts on your board to hook it on) then there is NO WAY AT ALL to install it. They have very specific screw patterns.

my idea but try thermal pads?

Please just stop, your answers are unbelievably wrong and not helping anyone.

Solution

laptop-Tech

Prominent
Jan 27, 2020
well thanks but can i ever do any thing right

See the clip hook on the side here:

615uW1DbLVL._AC_SX425_.jpg

If it doesnt have that (and or you don't have the corresponding mounts on your board to hook it on) then there is NO WAY AT ALL to install it. They have very specific screw patterns.

Please just stop, your answers are unbelievably wrong and not helping anyone.