[SOLVED] please help

Jul 5, 2020
Hi guys i just wanted to ask your guys opinion, im from a family that economically far from enough but my parents wont let me manage money by myself, so i didn't get any money this whole pandemic (prob coz i spent too much on my vespa build)
so, i have a "budget" pc which has a
intel core i5 3470
galax gtx 1050
8gb ram ddr3
1 fan
and a cheap OEM motherboard (im pretty sure it is a fake motherboard)
and a cheap 450w PSU called 1stplayer

i wanted to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, but i only got like $25 in my wallet , should i spend all my $25 to buy a fan first, or just keep it until my money is enough to buy the motherboard? and what should i get for the cpu and motherboard? i was thinking of an i5 9400k with an asrock h310m? any suggestion?

Last edited by a moderator:
Solution
ohh, i thought a single fan is not enough because all my friend told me to give it atleast 2 fan, the reason why iam upgrading my motherboard and cpu is im just scared that the motherboard will broke because it is a fake part, and upgrading my gpu to a better one will cause a bottleneck because my i5 is too old? i guess?, my budget is around $200 and i live in indonesia, btw i appreciate ur help and reply! thank you!
The reason I suggested the RX580 is because it is the best card you can get for the i5 without bottlenecks, once you get the Motherboard, CPU and RAM is simply because you'll not benefit at all as your GTX1050 is old and the 1050 will be too weak for your parts that you will get, and judging by the amount of money...
Hi guys i just wanted to ask your guys opinion, im from a family that economically far from enough but my parents wont let me manage money by myself, so i didn't get any money this whole pandemic (prob coz i spent too much on my vespa build)
so, i have a "budget" pc which has a
intel core i5 3470
galax gtx 1050
8gb ram ddr3
1 fan
and a cheap OEM motherboard (im pretty sure it is a fake motherboard)
and a cheap 450w PSU called 1stplayer

i wanted to upgrade my motherboard and cpu, but i only got like $25 in my wallet , should i spend all my $25 to buy a fan first, or just keep it until my money is enough to buy the motherboard? and what should i get for the cpu and motherboard? i was thinking of an i5 9400k with an asrock h310m? any suggestion?

HEHE SORRY FOR THE LONG AsS STORY
Welcome to Toms Hardware @vespa sprint s!

First off, why are you concerned about a fan, I am running a rig with an RTX2060 of one case fan without any overheating issues. Secondly, I would rather switch your GPU first rather than your motherboard and CPU to an RX580 as the GTX1050 is quite bad and it wouldn't improve much getting a new motherboard, cpu and RAM. However before I recommend some parts, what is your budget or how much do you plan in spending, and what country do you live in?

Jul 5, 2020
Welcome to Toms Hardware @vespa sprint s!

First off, why are you concerned about a fan, I am running a rig with an RTX2060 of one case fan without any overheating issues. Secondly, I would rather switch your GPU first rather than your motherboard and CPU to an RX580 as the GTX1050 is quite bad and it wouldn't improve much getting a new motherboard, cpu and RAM. However before I recommend some parts, what is your budget or how much do you plan in spending, and what country do you live in?
ohh, i thought a single fan is not enough because all my friend told me to give it atleast 2 fan, the reason why iam upgrading my motherboard and cpu is im just scared that the motherboard will broke because it is a fake part, and upgrading my gpu to a better one will cause a bottleneck because my i5 is too old? i guess?, my budget is around $200 and i live in indonesia, btw i appreciate ur help and reply! thank you!

Last edited:
The reason I suggested the RX580 is because it is the best card you can get for the i5 without bottlenecks, once you get the Motherboard, CPU and RAM is simply because you'll not benefit at all as your GTX1050 is old and the 1050 will be too weak for your parts that you will get, and judging by the amount of money, you will be broke and will take a long time to get a new GPU or not at all.

Solution