[SOLVED] Please Help!!!!!

Sarthak Saini

Commendable
Jul 21, 2020
It all started 3-4 months back. When I boot up my laptop, after its idle for some time, my GPU usage shoots up to 99%. Before 4 months all games that I installed on it were working very well on medium and high settings with full 1080p resolution. But from the time this problem started all games have started lagging too much, at some times the game is unplayable.I uninstalled many games leaving just two on my laptop I tried to run both the games on lowest settings and resolution possible but the lag wouldn't go away. Earlier I was able to play Far Cry Primal and Watch Dogs on high setting and 1080p but now even Far Cry 3 lags on lowest settings and resolution. I have properly cleaned my PC of all unwanted files and have run de-fragmentation and any types of driver updates or disabling startup items but all in vain. I don't know what to do, please help me.

Solution
My guess is that you need to reinstall the amd mobile graphics drivers.
Download from here. Select the drivers for the R5 M330 mobile adapter.

Possibly, you need to go to the HP site in case they have an altered form of the driver.
Try doing a Full Scan with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware software. It's a free, good antivirus software, you can uninstall it if you wish once the scan is complete and no issues are found. Try using Task Manager to see what process is using up your GPU, you can sort the processes by clicking on the GPU tab once, it will sort the processes in decreasing order of GPU usage. From there, the topmost process would be the one using the maximum of your GPU.

What is the make/model of your laptop?

Are you gaming while plugged in?
On battery, expect to run slower.

What might have changed during the past 3-4 months?

A common problem with gaming laptops is throttling due to heat.
Laptop coolers are small and inefficient because of size and weight limitations.
First, check that your cooling airways are clear and that your cooling fan is running.

Run HWmonitor. It will give you info on temperatures and fan operation.
At some point, a cpu will slow down to protect itself from heat damage.

Sometimes a windows update replaces graphics drivers with less than optimal results.

Sarthak Saini

Commendable
Jul 21, 2020
What is the make/model of your laptop?

Are you gaming while plugged in?
On battery, expect to run slower.

What might have changed during the past 3-4 months?

A common problem with gaming laptops is throttling due to heat.
Laptop coolers are small and inefficient because of size and weight limitations.
First, check that your cooling airways are clear and that your cooling fan is running.

Run HWmonitor. It will give you info on temperatures and fan operation.
At some point, a cpu will slow down to protect itself from heat damage.

Sometimes a windows update replaces graphics drivers with less than optimal results.
Manufacturer - HP
Model - HP Laptop 15-bsoxx
Name - LAPTOP-NSMJ3KO5
System Type - x64-based PC

Possibly, you need to go to the HP site in case they have an altered form of the driver.

Solution

Sarthak Saini

Commendable
Jul 21, 2020

Thanks bro, the real problem was my drivers I had the latest AMD Adrenaline drivers installed which were not fully compatible with my graphics card. Now I have the drivers compatible with my win 10 version. I got those on hp website. My games now lag in the starting but after 2 - 3 mins of gameplay it works very well. Thank You so much again.